Bustin Hybrid Sportster Review

Please guys that have chipped in on this thread don’t shoot me down or laugh but ,honest opinion please on the Boosted Stealth . Now firstly I wouldn’t pay the 1400 uk pounds for it end of ,but I’ve been offered a brand new one for £650 and after reading a fare few reviews it seems to really only get a bashing on the range although if I see 10 miles that would be enough for my rides .As said go easy on me as I know it might look like “gee couldn’t you find another brand” ,like I couldn’t think of another name but torque,braking ,smooth power curve all seems pretty solid with them ,and it won’t break the bank .:smirk:

If you want a prebuilt for 650 gbp, a stealth may be good, my opinion, if I weren’t into more power, and okay with prebuilt, ~45% off is aight.

Thats exactly what i thought about the v2 but from what i can gather dualomo first made the v1s before they were fully in bed with bustinboards, im pretty sure the v1s just used bustins 35" sportster deck and everything else was done by dualomo, soon as bustin boards was fully on board, excuse the pun ha ha thats when everything went a bit tame :frowning::frowning::frowning: but we’ll see this week, as soon as i know then you guys will know :grin::grin: and i give true reviews :+1: if its shit I’ll tell you its shit :handshake::handshake:

5 Likes
1 Like

Does anyone have any experiance with this kit?

2 Likes
3 Likes

I have ridden both v1 and v2.
They are great boards.
But:
Range is horrible.
Price is high.
Ride is not so stable at speed.
They aren’t fast.

I prefer DIY boards.
The BKB kit is a nice inbetween. It is about 50-100% better on every aspect compared to a boosted board.

If DIY is not for you, you might get better advice in other communities.

7 Likes

try meepo v3 extended range for that amount of money. Better than boosted stealth in range and speed.

I cant stress enough how great of an intro the bkb kit is. If you can use a drill, screwdriver and wrench… your golden. The ability to upgrade is there. It will make you less dependent on a company to fix anything that goes wrong with the board as well. Plus you got us to help!!

11 Likes

I just got by blemish sportster board and it’s pretty cute haha. It’s a lot smaller than I was anticipating and I’m curious to see if/how wheel bite will occur with pneumies but I’m really like the shape and small drop!

That being said, is anyone worried about the neck breaking? I’m looking at it and idk if I would trust it in rough conditions or the occasional curb jump

1 Like

doubt so, it’s survived the heavy ass hub-motors with 100mm heavy thane wheels up front, and all that twisting and turning through carves on mine.

watch this video for the curb drops

1 Like

Carving doesn’t actually put that much pressure onto the neck. Mainly because it’s a “gradual” increase in stress and pressure. Neither does heavy hubs or thane because it’s on the wrong side of the neck/pivot and is supported by the ground (unless you pick the board up, then it puts weight on the neck but that weight isn’t anywhere close to body weight)

What puts pressure on the neck is whatever weight that gets put on the deck. Sudden changes or spikes in that apparent weight is what can cause the neck to break. These spikes and chances can be brought on by drops, rocks, or potholes in the road. A car could do the same if the board is too stiff :laughing:

My doubt comes from the fact that it’s a drop through mount and an open tongue which is a relatively weak configuration. Personally, I think I might look for a brace to better distribute the stress is possible but that said though, looks like the board is pretty resilient against drops! Thanks for the vid :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Heres an intetnal comparison v1x and v2x i cant see any real difference apartvfrom the amount of hot glue lol

7 Likes

Thanks for putting these up - So V1 has larger wheels and harsher acceleration? (And a pointless reverse function)… all on the same ESC? hmmm - i take it u prefer V1

V1 comes with 90mm wheels ive added the 100mm ones :+1: but ye harsher acceleration and braking.

1 Like

I building a diy from a sportster deck and planning a lot of reinforcement to that area because of that. Very weak IMO up front

2 Likes

Havent had any issues yet… fingers crossed! The epoxy and fibreglass is working

Why so many glue… :man_facepalming:

This battery also rub against deck and is losing pvc soon.

5 Likes

Hi again I’m going to get a bkb duel motor kit with Bluetooth module . Is it easy to add a different board with this kit as not fussed on the deck plus are the trucks forged or cast ?

Iv only seen these Style decks fail when used with AT wheels on rough terrain . Used on roads for carving as it’s intended use will see no issues .

1 Like