Bustin Boards commercial makes ESK8 look reckless!

Youtube happen to drop commercial for Bustin Boards just now on me, and its freakin’ horrible!!!

Wizzing passed children almost hitting them… Weaving through vehicle traffic touching cars… Shooting through crowds of people missing them by literally inches… It goes on and on for minutes. WTF?!

This is the kind of shit that is making cities outlaw ESK8 altogether and they’re advertising their boards as such, attracting the wrong kind of people and it’ll ultimately get people hurt or killed.

Am I wrong? Idk, maybe I’m just getting old. Is it friday yet lol? At least everyone in the commercial were wearing helmets… So yay, I guess.

(LMK if this is the wrong category)

4 Likes

Can you link to the video?

2 Likes

This video? I guess it a commercial, but it does seem a tad bit reckless, they do almost clean a few people up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLMoM2AwVCs

1 Like

I didn’t know they got video of one of our group rides😆

5 Likes
2 Likes

Not the exact video, but they used some of the same scenes

1 Like

Yeah this guy rides like a dick swerving on the people but he’s going like 8mph🤣

4 Likes

Their boards are slow but still. They did fast forward a lot to make it look faster! lol

Lol it’s cheap shit don’t worry bout it

1 Like

That’s is Pretty much the same as promotional videos for their analog boards except they lost their push culture lol.

5 Likes

I’m only offended by the fast forwarding to make it look more extreme. That’s city riding right there

5 Likes

They are trying to appeal to the wood pushers, which requires riding like a dick and pretending you’re not just getting off your second shift at Chipotle while you bomb the park at ten miles an hour on your way home. #marketing

9 Likes

I guess that’s why it appealed to me :joy:

1 Like

We skateboarders are usually dicks to the rest of the world, they won’t change their minds anytime soon.

6 Likes

I am way more aggressive than that … :sweat_smile:

My pass time is holding 10 mph with my massive hybrid board and swerving to be as close to as many people as possible, and hitting 15 mph if I have 50 feet in front of me :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Watched a few more of their videos, best I can tell they’re trying to make eskating look cool to street skaters and maybe dh guys as well. So much sliding. Bustin sorta got handed an eskate company by Dualomo using their decks. (and then selling everything to them? not sure how that all went down)

Don’t really know, but since I don’t see many of them, not to many people inside the community are buying their boards, so they need to advertise to other crowds.

1 Like