Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

go ahead and ask him here. he likes others to see his answers so that it may help someone else with the same questions.

2 Likes

I got these patients x you, Brad.

• SurfRodz RKP 200mm with 10mm axles and Adjustable Base Plates
  • Currently no Bushings in the Trucks
  • Want Stability
  • Cruising
  • for 34" Wooden -Trampa like- Deck and Drop-trough
  • 75 kgs (165 pounds)

Cheers Bro.

4 Likes

Thanks @pixelsilva, there a lot of holes in that deck. Are you top mounting it or drop through. Do you know the angle of the kicks and how much adjustability your base plates have? Checking out for the night so no rush on the answers

1 Like

Tentatively Drop-trough. Got to fix both mount openings for the adjustable base plates. If too much trouble, then I will go Top mount. Donā€™t worry about the holes. This is a second hand deck. Previous user had bindings, thatā€™s why so many holes. 0Ā° - 60Ā° degree adjustable base plates. As for the kicks angleĀ°, donā€™t know? Perhaps 25Ā° degrees? what do you think? ā€¦ :point_down:

(never mind the PNL plate and Haggy hanger there)

1 Like

you starting a new build?

1 Like

OK, I would say 15 to 20, get an app for your smartphone like https://www.plaincode.com/products/clinometer/

Letā€™s assume it is 20 degree kicks.

So 0-60 plus 20 gives you effectively a 80 to 20 degree base plate range so you will need to adjust both the front and back to something more manageable. Your most practical setting will be a 50 to 60 degree front and a 30 to 40 degree rear if you want a split setup.

Being an older deck I would suggest using our aluminum backing frames to reinforce the cut out area to make the setup more stable. As for bushings, I would get a pair of KranK 90a Cones, two pair of KranK 90a Barrels and one pair of KranK 90a FatCones so you have various combinations to work with when determining the exact angles you want to rock! Our SZ 96a pivots will work great in them and the backing frame will tie it all together!

https://www.riptidesports.com/backing-frames-for-drop-through-trucks/

2 Likes

Boardside bushing

diameter - 1" - 25mm

height - 5/8" - 14mm

inner hole diameter - 3/8" - 10mm

Roadside bushing

height - 3/8" - 10mm

Pivot cup hole

diameter - 5/8" - 16mm

inner diameter - 7/16" - 12mm

@RipTideSports

2 Likes

As for bushings, I would get a pair of KranK 90a Cones, two pair of KranK 90a Barrels and one pair of KranK 90a FatCones so you have various combinations to work with when determining the exact angles you want to rock! Our SZ 96a pivots will work great in them and the backing frame will tie it all together!

Wow!! Great advice, Brad! :ok_hand: Lots of info here. You making this truck setting up very easy. Thanks Bro.:facepunch::grinning:

1 Like

Yeah Bro. Got this nice deal on some SrfRdz RPK I couldnā€™t let pass. So now on the lookout to get some gadgetry for this kicked deck.

3 Likes

Might have some motor mounts if you are looking for some

2 Likes

Metal or carbon?

1 - Paris v2 180mm Trucks and Caliber II 184mm - both 50 degree baseplates
2 - Venom SHR supercarve B/B rear + B/C front ( 94a/88a rear + 94a/83a front )
3 - just interested in alternative brands with similar high rebound
4 - lots of carving and dancing + some stability for occasional speed acceleration
5 - Original Freeride 41 stiff deck
6 - 145 lbs

For eskate Iā€™m currently using Paris trucks and want to switch to Caliber but notice Calibers arenā€™t as lively with the same bushings. Anyway to make Calibers more responsive? Also added green riptide Pivot Cups Paris. Very good stuff.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay, I will try to get to this tomorrow, @IamLee

1 Like

Thanks for the measurements @thisguyhere. Might went to recheck the first one 1"=25.4mm. As for the other dimensions it looks like the ShortStreet height will work on top and the our longboard height will work for the bottom bushing and they appear to fit our Indy pivots. Have you put the board together yet to give us a base lint on what the trucks are doing?

1 Like

Calibers are less lively by design since they are rakeless trucks.

About the only way to make them more lively is to run softer or smaller bushings (change a barrel to a cone). Once you get the setup configure, let me know if there are any handling issues that need to addressed

1 Like

Okay I still have to wait for caliber mounts anyway. But for now, what about for the Paris trucks? What would you recommend?

1 Like

@IamLee I would suggest 1 pair of KranK 87a Cones, Canons and Magnums so you have a bunch of setups to try

This is gold @RipTideSports RipTide!
Okay so I have something little unusual:
Im running rogue cast trucks on the stock 48Ā° plates and they are mounted to a speedy setup, it does about 60km/h (37mph). and im rocking a home-brew deck 94cm (37inch) long 22.5cm (8.85inch) wide with trucks. Mounted all the way to the end, the board has moderate camber and rocker with baby blue caguamas.

Now to the wired shit. the deck is mega flexy length wise like way softer than an old vanguard flex 4 of mine, but incredibly stiff in torsion. The idea is wide stance/ stand over trucks to simulate a stiffer board for going fast and to cope with aggressive acceleration and braking and a narrower stance for that good old carve.

right now (well for the past 4-5 months since I built the thing) I am running stock tall barrels bushings up front. and some 7 years old second hand riptide rock solid red tall barrels something something. Cupped washers and kingpin nut just snug enough so I canā€™t rotate the bushings by hand.

So yeah I need to step up my gameā€¦
The board is still dead stable at max speed and I can: yawn, listen to music, be hangover and snap with some friends at the same time without having to worry about twitchiness.
The turning radius is okay but can be better on the other hand.

Looking to mainly upgrade the urethane bits and bobs and maybe truck angles.

1 Like

About to buy some bushings and I figured Iā€™d replace some pivot cups on some of my decks. I know absolutely nothing about them.

@RipTideSports what info is needed to figure out which type pivot cup?

Itā€™s the stock trucks that came with the Lou board. The picture below is a comparison to a pivot cup from a Paris truck. Paris truck pivot cup on the left and louboard on the right. They appear to be the same height but the Lou board is more rounded it seems.

1 Like

Cool, I need Outside diameter, inside diameter, depth and overall length. A picture of the base plate hole the pivot fits into would also be useful so I can see if the hole is radiusā€™d or a drill point shape. Have you tried putting the Paris pivots in the trucks? Can you also provide shape and dimensions of the Lou boards bushings?