Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

Anyone know what bushing size used on the Flipsky 13.78" DKP trucks?

1 Like

They take our Wowgo kit

2 Likes

Not yet but going for it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://radium-performance.com/collections/frontpage/products/matrix-2-riptide-adapter.

Hi Brad, I am ordering some of these adapters for my Matrix II trucks (Prototipo), hoping to dial in the trucks for better carving. My ride weight is ~155lbs. What color of the hypertruck bushing would you recommend for me?

Are you running the Prototipo symmetrical or have you de-wedged the rear (recommended).

1 Like

Lacroix Hypertruck bushing modification for a deeper more linear turn resistance.

LACROIX HOLES

Not sure what you mean by de-wedged. My current set up is stock MBS matrix II shockblocks… the front truck has the yellow ones and the rear ones are orange.

I put 2 each 5 or 6 degree angled risers under the rear truck to reduce the turning input from the back. This adds a lot of stability and effects what bushings I would recommend.

I think I am following. So when you say 2 each of 5 to 6 degree angled riser, it’s essentially changing the the angle of the rear truck to the ground. If so, would it make sense just to put a 10 degree riser if I can find one?

Yes, a 10 degree angled riser would make a big difference in stability without loosing much agility. Someone here posted a printable file for the mbs / hypertruck angled riser

I have not had much issue with stability with the current set-up, I have hit the low 30’s without speed wobble. It’s the carving that I am more after. The current yellow MBS shock blocks feels still a bit hard for me to maneuver. And I don’t like the way it rebounds as much (it seems to snap back). I have your Krank bushing on a pair of RKP trucks and I love the feel of those. What would you recommend from the Hypertruck bushings for my situation?

OK, symmetrical stock MBS go with the White Hyper bushings, they are 70a and should work well for you. If they are too stiff, mod the front bushings as shown above.

Thanks Brad! So that I am clear, the picture you shared is showing the locations on the bushing that I should drill holes (one 4.5mm and two 3mm diameter) through?

1 Like

Correct the file attached is actual size so you can cut out, glue to the bushing and drill, high speed, sharp drill.

Lacroix bushing 031319 FLEX MOD rev b.pdf (17.2 KB)

3 Likes

Could you or someone else add a image of what it should look like after you drill the holes?

Literally the same as the drawing. If you are having trouble, freeze the bushing, it will make it easier to drill.

3 Likes

I will post pictures tomorrow

1 Like

Sorry @Nuser , lost track of our discussion. What trucks are you using?

@RipTideSports The drawing above is missing the x-axis position for the 4.5MM hole, can you share an updated drawing?

It is to be used as a transfer template. Cut, out, rubber cement to the bushing and drill. Best to use a small drill to get through the bushing than the larger finish size through the pilot holes. 9.1mm is the position, revised pdf is here.
Lacroix bushing 031319 FLEX MOD rev b.pdf (17.2 KB)

2 Likes