Bus stop commuter - [Loaded Vangaurd Build]

@Kai
Is dat a boosted truck base?

Yeah, the gold hangers boosted as well. Might have one more boosted baseplate, not sure exactly what i put on my buddies board. Also have a single boosted motor, but thats going to him once i put a new connector on it.

1 Like

Lol that takes me back. I almost got a boosted many years ago…

1 Like

Ha boosted mini x was my foolish decision of a first electric board.
Currently, its rebuilt as a crappy lil commuter for my buddy who broke his car. Slapped it together and said “take this its better than walking.”

1 Like

@Kai I think I’m going to get my own deck new so don’t waist ur time searching for one. Here’s the parts I’m for sure gonna buy myself;
-Deck
-Battery’s
-Enclosure
-Wheels
-Pulleys

I’m might get more than this but just wanted to let you know. Thanks so much for offering to help on this. It means a lot.

1 Like

No worries bro, round here homies help homies.
Any clue what kinda gearing ratio youre looking at?
If it aint too big these small mounts would probably work just fine, and fit the purple hanger(not the strongest but i think i recall seeing youre pretty light)

1 Like

Make sure to put the motor heelside. Feels better than on toeside. Also for a single drive definitely go 6374 or 6384 if you want good power, the flipsky battlehardened line is a solid choice for affordable motors.

2 Likes

@Kai Probably like 15/36.

You thought right! Haha I weight 80 pounds. :grimacing:

Thanks for the tip bro!

1 Like

You might want to up the motor pulley size a bit if it’s possible. Belt skipping can be an issue on 15T pulleys, and on a single drive it’s pretty crucial, if the belt skips you don’t have brakes. Skipping is fixable with a tighter belt, but that means that the belt is more likely to snap, which also means no brakes.

You might want to consider the BN145 hanger with a single BN M1 gear drive if your budget allows.

Also @b264 is very experienced with single drives, maybe he can also give some thoughts

Yeah I’m not fixed on that, I’d be fine going up a few teeth.

1 Like

I have no idea if this is true but ive heard that belts also skip more if using one even tooth number and one odd.

I would up the wheel pulley size assuming we’re talking about 110mm wheels
15/42T is good and you can use a slightly higher Kv motor which means more power

Alignment is important too

1 Like

I’m using 85mm cagumas

Then yeah I’d go 16/36 or 17/36 preferably

1 Like

If you do so, you might need a 140KV or 170KV motor instead of 190KV to not have a very high top speed. Gearing for the correct speed is important with single drive as the motor is working hard all the time. The motors aren’t gonna be cool when geared for too high of a top speed. If you are light I don’t think it’s gonna cause overheating in such short distances however.

Lower KV motors do generate more heat though.

As b264 says, 16T or 17T is a good idea for less belt skipping

Higher Kv motors are better, use the highest Kv that’s practical: put the top speed just above where you will actually be running at.

If you make the belt drive well, you can run 15:48 at 165A motor max and not skip the belts. They will break first :crazy_face:

But it has to be just perfect.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking, I’m 80 pounds.

Yo, @Kai did you have any other photos of the parts you have?

I can take some, cooking rn~

1 Like