šŸ”„Burning Board: Nov 11,12,13. tinkering, adventuring in Joshua Tree, CA

Sydney does pretty good out there with his bindings, light wt and street board. He faster than Jansen on his street pneumatic board off-road.

1 Like

Lol this is something iā€™ve always struggled with. In my local off-road trails the soft patches are many, and they are damn near impossible to spot. There has been a great number of ā€œoh shitā€ moments for sure :rofl:

This sounds like a lot of fun dude! Which board you gonna burn as sacrifice to Skatan!? Maybe @DEEIF can donate his evo so at least I can be there in spirit :rofl:

3 Likes

Iā€™ll start collecting trash and rubbish to make an effigy of all things that grind my esk8 gears.

-lockite (and related brands) bottles that donā€™t match the locktite formula inside.
-6900 bearings (22 OD, 10 ID)
-cheap Allen keys.
-stripped set screws
-broke taps
-keys for keyways, that donā€™t, um, way well.
-lifepo4 bmsā€™s sold as liion bmsā€™s that went on to commit pack murder
-flat packs with nickel series connections.

• all shrink wrap 1 cm too short in diameter.
    -mushy bushings.
    -anything that rattles and is a repeat offender.
3 Likes

200w (5)

That fire gonna need to be hot

2 Likes

Philips head anything

2 Likes

This is a wild shot in the dark but there wouldnā€™t be anyone from western Canada heading down I could carpool with 'eh?

1 Like

hops on private jet

Oh right I have no jet, and took a big L on the stockmarket this year :joy:
Love the initiative, sad I cant be there !

4 Likes

TFW a flight costs like $40 more than a new passport lol.

@klaus79856 you can still fly out earlier. There are 300+ cells we need to do something with.

2 Likes

Seems reasonable :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Man had I known you were there I would have stopped by! Literally stayed at Twentynine Palms last month to visit Joshua Tree NP. Unfortunately canā€™t make it back to the west coast this year, but good job for picking November, because the heat was nearly unbearable when I went. Also bees

4 Likes

Why is it that the price isnā€™t that far off from the cost to fly from TX to CA???

I have picture of this sign!

nicholas-nicholascage

1 Like

No, the international flight segments I can not change.
Arriving 8th Nov at 23:58 in LAX, will take a rental car and be at your house 9th in the morning at 07:00.

The airlines compensate the loss they make on some tickets transatlantic with domestic tickets.
I can book Basel to Chicago for 350 Euro in March, take 210 lbs of luggage and empty the Vodak in the lounge.

1 Like

I case I should take luggage or your board (without battery) you have to bring it to my Heathrow hotel between 6th and 8th Nov.

I can check on tickets on miles from DFW to PSP, when you let me know how flexible you are in travel.

Extremely kind offer. Kinda pie in the sky for me but if the planets coincide Iā€™ll be sure to tap you up. :+1:

If you like this is also available. I can cancel these flights 24h before departure
You only have to wait for me as I arrive 5 hours later.

At Heathrow I can guest you into the Concorde room.