Builder's Wiki-start here! (SERIOUS)

He was, but apparently not. Real shame. I was hoping to see the Trinity completed as well. That was a great build thread.

1 Like

Well, hard to argue that point given the behaviour towards the end.

2 Likes

Yeah that potato was sick tho

1 Like

I’m going to reach out to him as he is still on the other forum.

Edit: NVM it wont let me send him a message.

1 Like

is there a guide on “how to wire up bms properly”
and How to bypass discharge properly

2 Likes

Probably should be. Feel free to add to the above because edits open to all.

1 Like

Not sure if this is covered under Improved/Updated Vendor Trust Resource+ or if would be an enhancement to Esk8 Parts Market but it would be super helpful if this was broken down in sub-categories like:

• Decks
  • Motors
  • ESC / VESC
  • etc…

Once you open one of those sub categories, it would be a thread on posts that have to maintain a certain naming convention.

For example, under motor the naming convention could be:
[Type]-[Brand]-[Model]-[Vendor]-[Price (via $)]-[Available / Out of Stock / Discontinued]
E.g.
Hub - Maytech - 90mm 60/100KV - Maytech - $$ - Available

Note that I have no idea what I am talking about - I’ll let you guys figure out the naming convention. But done right, users could quickly go and find the components that they want, for the budget that they have. Folks could post their favorite components, review them, provide links,etc…

If a component becomes discontinued or unavailable, it could potentially get moved to an archive, to keep the posts as fresh as possible.

The issue I have with current state is that everything is mixed up in one big forum and you get posts like “yOu wOnt want tO miss thIs” which isn’t objective, or helpful.

1 Like

This is absolutely the goal. Some of this is already in the works. Can always use another person to build this out if you have any bandwidth.

Happy to help, Im just like 1 months into this sport and really don’t have the experience to drive categorization or even understand nuances that should drive naming convention. Happy to team up with someone more experienced.

From a website design structure:

1. Is it possible to create sub-categories to sub-categories? Thinking Parts Wanted / Used Parts for Sale / New Parts for Sale / Group Buys could use those sub categories.
  2. Is it possible to incorporate data validation or customize the “new topic” user form to provide that guidance. (see picture below where guidance could be provided for specific posts)

1 Like

Maybe a thread for deck-making. There is a lot to be shared about gluing and pressing veneer, as well as, adding composites and such. It also seems to be a subject that folks have a growing interest in :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think we have to be careful of adding complexity. It can quickly get out of hand. But keep the ideas flowing.

re: Vesc Tool and Ackmaniac Tool Resource

Bill - i believe Ricco was hoping to host the compiled VESC tools on the site, does the site have this ability? alternatively we could provide links to git where folks can self serve.

2 Likes

That would be ideal, but I don’t know if it is possible. I’ll do some digging. I think if we can knock it all onto a Google Drive folder and link it, it’ll be a good backup plan.

1 Like

Last night I stumbled across the most definitive guide on lipo batteries I have never seen. Enjoy!

https://rogershobbycenter.com/lipoguide

2 Likes

Hey guys @jflecsk8 is my padawan learner. Start reading through the link in the OP. We’ll get you learned🤙

1 Like

I know information in the different wiki pages might not be the most up to date, but do the Mods think that it might be a good idea to pin this thread to the top of the forum? That way, new members can read over before asking redundant questions.

@BillGordon @xsynatic @longhairedboy (@other Mods)

1 Like

There’s a few Thread and Wikis that need quite some work as they haven’t updates for a long time. I feel we need a new, proper FAQ/Link Hub, linking to all possible threads.

I’m glad you still think that users want to do their own research before creating threads that have been answered dozen of times before :grin:

I’m just not sure who would be willing to create such Hub thread in the first place.

4 Likes

Well I’m one of those “new members.” Finding the right information on this thread can be immensely time consuming and difficult at times. Maybe the reason so many new topics are created is because there isn’t a robust compendium of info- it’s rather spread all over :thinking:. The wiki/hub thread makes things much simpler, and it’s easier to find information that way. Although now it’s rather confusing, with bits of crucial info all over.

Even the categories function has become quite misused and convoluted.

Echoing this comment:

https://forum.esk8.news/t/the-private-lounge/9/35507?u=yoyotinker

2 Likes