Builder Pro Tips!

I did a complete roll over here handlebars, and caught my leg on one of her pegs x.x

1 Like

Don’t tell your Girlfriend/Wife/SO the actual cost of things.

16 Likes

ftfy :rofl: my friend thought i was crazy when i showed them one of my esk8 cost more than their maxed out iphone

2 Likes

Expensive phones, AND they’re soft limited as fuck by the brand. Disgusting. You spent your money MUCH better.

Never tell anyone the actual cost of anything at all including your time. Perfection.

4 Likes

they like iphone, and i like esk8, i don’t judge.
but the face they had when they thought my esk8 cost 2000hkd (~255usd), then i tell them try 10 times more, it was funny :joy:

4 Likes

Pro Tip: this is not a poor man’s game.

7 Likes

nothing is, u need to spend money to be poor

4 Likes

LOCTITE EVERYTHING

If it’s drivetrain-related, use the red stuff.

9 Likes

Speaking of loctite, green 643 for motor gears/pullies/sprockets. Ive noticed a lot of dudes don’t know that retaining compound and thread locker aren’t the same. And do not use red on enclosure bolts if your enclosure is plastic, that’s how you tear bolt holes.
you’ll never make me loctite my truck mounting, axel, kingpin, or any besides the corners on my enclosure bolts.

1 Like

mmm yes

1 Like

Bigger number = better

Except Kv

You managed to be twice as wrong as normal. Larger capacity cells aren’t necessarily better. Larger motors aren’t always better. Lower kv motors aren’t always better, larger escs aren’t either. Size/capacity isn’t indicative of performance, worth, or value generally.

Here’s the actual pro tip
If you’re skeptical about the current rating of something, trust your gut. Double check the spec sheet, double check reviews, and/or double check with the community. For example. The “300 amp” ANT BMS can’t do 300 amps continuously, while the “20 amp” Daly can do 20 amps continuously forever (essentially)

16 Likes

If something feels different or “off”

even a little bit

check the board over before you continue riding.

19 Likes

Womp womp

You can stain glass frit after you put it on a board.
:rofl:
*Before you lock coat it

2 Likes

Mica pigments+frit colors the frit. Works well.
Glow in the dark pigment+frit does not stick to the frit, and worse, makes the frit not stick to the board.
Gonna have to redo that one lmao.

2 Likes

On the flipside, one of my worst nightmares is that when I die my wife sells all my esk8 gear for what I told her it has cost. :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

Pro tip: When soldering anything on a battery pack, keep in mind that the solder wire is conductive.

14 Likes

Lol I’ve made that mistake once. Then I became very (healthily) paranoid.

Another pro tip: a hot glue gun is one of the only tools you can keep using after you unplug it or the battery dies.

1 Like

That formula doesn’t work and I haven’t got a clue why

3 Likes