BrumBeast 37mph - Landyatchz EVO, dual 6374, 12s4p,FOCbox Unity, Bergmeisters, Gear Drive, BigBen enclosure

Id like to support this community so im going to post this thread of my build here to do my bit
enirtion

This is the parts list for my build some already ordered much of it is to be ordered but im hoping to have it all together by end of this month.

It will be my first DIY after riding my wowgo 2s daily to work
e449ba7b9a96cca4903adbcdf142a07575986d73_2_666x500

I most probably would of brought the Carbon GTR if they had released it 2 weeks earlier and i hadnt already paid for my Fatboy Nano Gear Drive, Heat sink, Bergmeister wheel adaptors and FOCbox Unity (which i now have somehow even though people who ordered years before me dont???)

Now for the rest of the parts list…

@BigBen enclosure

Landyatchz evo deck + accessories

Unik Maytech Motors

Some Quality baseplates and a change of angle for the rear if needed.

Flipsky remote

A lot more various items…

some double sealed bearings

The battery will be built by @tinp123 still to be ordered also but it will be a 12s4p of samsung 30Q cells
so im hoping for a nice powerful stable board to replace my trusty wowgo

Feel free to point out anything i have missed or overlooked but im very hopful to have the exact board speed and range i need from my esk8.

UPDATED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
THREAD FROM BUILDERS FORUM (for prosperity)

So this is the final product after many hours of work and many many hours of headaches i give you…

The BrumBeast

image.jpg

BrumBeast dual 6374

20190729_165759.jpg

20190729_165742.jpg

20190729_165733.jpg

June 9th

This is the parts list for my build some already ordered much of it is to be ordered but im hoping to have it all together by end of this month.

It will be my first DIY after riding my wowgo 2s daily to work

How to fall off an electric skateboard - evolve carbon gtr slam

I most probably would of brought the Carbon GTR if they had released it 2 weeks earlier and i hadnt already paid for my Fatboy Nano Gear Drive, Heat sink, Bergmeister wheel adaptors and FOCbox Unity (which i now have somehow even though people who ordered years before me dont???)

Now for the rest of the parts list… … …

@BigBen enclosure

Landyatchz evo deck + accessories

Unik Maytech Motors image

Some Quality baseplates and a change of angle for the rear if needed.

Flipsky remote

A lot more various items…

some double sealed bearings

The battery will be built by @tinp123 still to be ordered also but it will be a 12s4p of samsung 30Q cells so im hoping for a nice powerful stable board to replace my trusty wowgo

Feel free to point out anything i have missed or overlooked but im very hopful to have the exact board speed and range i need from my esk8.

June 16th

coming along nicely hoping to have get the remote, trucks, deck and motors , all this week. :slight_smile:

(I changed to @mackann bioboard 150kv motors) this does up the top speed to about 38mph :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

The 12s4p Battery from @tinp123 is well in hand too.

Id like to shout out to @BigBen on his enclosure i really feel its a super quality product and under-priced. £50 is too cheap for the workmanship and finish on this enclosure

July 22nd

Received battery finished much better than i could of done but took a lot longer than i hoped originally.

Progress with some help of a friend to align and drill the inserts for the enclosure

Got the trucks

started puttig them together but had to STOP!!! need the Bergmeister wheels still which Customs in the UK has seized :frowning:

even have my puncher prevention measures in place

Im hoping this gets finished this week if i get the wheels sorted.

Really need advice on how to setup the Unity do i align everything then plug in my unity and configure or do i need to do that first? A little advice on how to do this would be helpful.

. July 29th

So this was the day it finally came together. After rebuilding the gear drives about 5 times finally got things all lined up and working right.

I had to purchase a drill from argos just to do a lot of the work but no bother it worked a treat fot the enclosure holes and power switch.

20190727_030453.jpg

But as usual in esk8 there were many problems to overcome.

20190727_203513.jpg

fitting the case was hard and requires technique and them making sure everything inside is not going to move around becuase i never want to remove the enclosure how hard it was getting everything right and not rattling and just fitting.

20190727_190557.jpg

and then once assembled there are more problems

Problem

luckily it was me causing the issues, using a spacer(only on 1 side) that came with the gear drive and flywheel adaptors so now all running sweet.

20190728_175143.jpg

Big issue with the wiring and how to secure it.I decided to do a bit of a bodge for now and used nylon cord and some industrial staples.

20190728_154150.jpg

I will say for anyone wanting to build a DIY ESK8 that goes 30MPH plus first read this… http:///building-a-lightning-powered-murder-board-part-1/

Id also recommend watching this guys video as i think what he has done for the money spent is incredible.

[My 3D Printed BOOSTED BOARD KILLER]

I cant echo the sentiment and accuracy of everything that has been said and the time you will save reading this is well worth the time before you start.

IS it worth it? YOU better believe it is, not everyone can ride a skateboard and even fewer have the ability to build them from scratch and be able to use it daily.

So its a choice do you want to be driving a ford KA or a Ferrari everyday?

As you all have probably gathered from the boards name Im from Birmingham UK but the better bit is we have a WhatsApp esk8 group of 24 members now so if you have a board and riding is your prefered method of transport come join us. We even have members with a onewheel and Gotway Moster Unicycle, ESK8 is growing so much its amaizing to be a part of

20190721_194631.jpg

WhatsApp Group Invite click this link!!!

Follow this link to join

If your not from Brum please do not join, we are very active and we use it to meet up so if you cant be in birmingham most weekends its not for you

[Birminghams new bike path electric skateboard group ride]

Any Questions about anything please ask, There have been many who i need to thank for the help and advice along the way the community (apart from enirtion) have been amaizing and so helpful in every aspect of advice and sharing of knowledge so if i can give back by sharing this i hope someone finds it useful.

13 Likes

Nice BOM, graphic a little unfair to Jeff + Jason is Smithers

Without Jeff Enertion would sink (maybe Blasto + Jacob too)

2 Likes

coming along nicely hoping to have get the remote, trucks, deck and motors , all this week. :slight_smile:

(I changed to @mackann bioboard 150kv motors) this does up the top speed to about 38mph :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

The 12s4p Battery from @tinp123 is well in hand too.

Id like to shout out to @BigBen on his enclosure i really feel its a super quality product and under-priced. £50 is too cheap for the workmanship and finish on this enclosure

9 Likes

Received battery finished

Progress with some help of a friend to align and drill the inserts for the enclosure

Got the trucks

started puttig them together but had to STOP!!!
need the Bergmeister wheels still which Customs in the UK has seized :frowning:

even have my puncher prevention measures in place

Im hoping this gets finished this week if i get the wheels sorted.

Really need advice on how to setup the Unity do i align everything then plug in my unity and configure or do i need to do that first? A little advice on how to do this would be helpful.

5 Likes

So after many little bits and bobs going wrong and needing repair, i finally got out on my board with a fully charged working battery i set out…

and sticking to bike lanes in the dry i hit a rock. This rock!!! which dented my maytech motor casing and left me braking hard with 1 wheel to a stop…

I was devistated! 3 miles into my first ride in months taken down by a rock. So i started looking for options and started this thread.
I also emailed maytech, and contacted a few suppliers to see if they had casings or 150kv motors in stock.

The ups and downs are Bioboards had a motor in stock and would send me a replacement motor FREE of charge and now the BrumBeast is working 100% again thanks to 1 company!
here is the board in action for anyone wanting to see some sexy shots of a landyatchz Evo and bermeisterwheels

9 Likes

Now i understand that rock photo someone posted in the whatsapp group :rofl:

2 Likes

Hey guys, really liked this post and I figured you’d like to take a look at this beauty: