Brently’s Lacroixs a tale of two Prototipos

I love the nano and I will not apologize for it!!

It’s cheap
I can use it on all my boards
I’ve never had a drop (every other remote I’ve tried has)
I can finger twirl it
It’s cheap

1 Like

Same heer. I used to be a nano x fanboi and never ever had a single issue with it. Even riding in busy SF but then I found hoyt puke Couldn’t say no to the build quality on that remote haha

1 Like

I will likely try to get my hands on a @DerelictRobot remote at somepoint. The hoyt felt weird in my hand. I like a remote with hard finger points.

that gameboy clear purple in the pics thread has my questioning my life choices tho.

4 Likes

Ha. Yeah brother. I remember that feeling but now anything other than hoyt feels weird in my hand :metal:t3::rofl:

2 Likes

#1 thing I miss after switching to the vx1

2 Likes

come back to the nano’s so I can send your board into the water on the next ride =) I almost did that too Bobby’s like a year ago haha

2 Likes

Classic “I’ve got your board wassup” shit :rofl:
You have no idea hoe many peeps I’ve seen eating shit while talking to other people cuz someone connected to their board :rofl:

1 Like

We’ve still got a Dong 2.0 model coming, but the Bruce model was designed based on my similar feelings holding the Puck. I got used to the puck eventually but it does still feel too small for me and I find myself repositioning often.

The new size on the Bruce 2.0 feels just about perfect though:

(Ha crappy prototype teaser)

6 Likes

you got any you want me to test in high NYC/City areas for interference resilience? =) I can pay today. that Bruce is exactly the one I wanted to try out.

2 Likes

I probably shouldn’t but I wana try this.

2 Likes

@Soflo :smiley:

Exactly! Now rotate the motor mounts to fill the gap between the truck and tail.

@DEEIF good eye! I was thinking possibly extend the truck out a little further, move that mounting blockso the truck sticks further out. Then there should be plenty of room for some inrunners in the gap!

2 Likes

this is for sure what it needs and a slimmer wedge, this one’s huge. also don’t forget that the rear of a proto has less angle than the front. I think the front is like 35 and rear is like 30. but not 100% on the exact angles.

This actually isn’t for a proto, But I really appreciate your insight!
I honestly doubt I’d ever use the top hole on the rear truck anyways.

1 Like