Brand new stoke series 2 tried to kill me

New stoke tried to kill me at full speed, twice now, and can make it happen, and support will do nothing… 11 years they kept this issue under wraps and now i have the proof here

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElectricSkateboarding/comments/1e3pacv/new_series_2_stoke_break_lock_and_can_make_it/

hit me up if you want to know anything

2 Likes

Just send the board back to get fixed . What’s the problem?

4 Likes

Yeah with all due respect, you’ve now made it known. In fact it’s been known for a long time, like you said. So now you can send the board back and still leave your posts up

Is there something else you want, or why would replacement parts be better for you? They’re the same flawed parts, it seems like that’s worse than just returning the board

5 Likes

The solution is to not buy evolve because they’re evil.

5 Likes

Hasn’t this been a known issue for like 5 or more years now? It is why I didn’t buy for them for my first board and went with Lycaon instead. I do not know if I would recommend them now. at the time they had the best water proofed board at a good below 500 price when I bought it. that thing did live so long aside from the battery but I do not know the current quality they’re putting out

I will say that the fact they haven’t fixed the issue with their ESC after all this time is absurd. It could be a motor issue but from what all I read it was pointing to the ESC being at fault.

Please just ignore the white knights on reddit because they’re not worth your time. You will or could find threads about the same issues dating back to pre 2020. I can’t link them because i didn’t save them but I did see them before buying my first board.

4 Likes

Wait, this is the old evolve ejection-seat issue? I thought this was hella old news, are people still just learning about this? It’s why I ditched evolve and still have about 2 boards worth of parts collecting dust.

2 Likes

I could be wrong, but from the reddit post that was linked to it sounds like the same issue? only difference here is that he managed to pinpoint how/ when it would happen which never was figured out in the past from what I read (I could have missed a post tho)

So it might be a new, but similar issue for all I know. I’m sure Evolve will never make a comment on it though so the only way to know is through other people coming out about the issue on whatever esc evolve uses now

edit: to OP please use this forum as a resource and build yourself a better board! You should be able to use all of your current board and just swap for a VESC and new remote instead of the current ESC that is dangerous in your board. Do not let Evolve’s BS keep you from getting outside. There might even be some deals for VESCS on the sales
threads here if you don’t want to pay full price for a new one

2 Likes

This is evolve, they would go out of business before they acknowledged they made a mistake.

3 Likes

Seeing as I don’t think the pre 2020 issue was ever commented on you are likely right :weary:

the eggplant emote is towards evolve bc they’re dicks

2 Likes

Updated the reddit post, this is getting even worse, made video public and released pictures of the plug

I bought a board for $999 that does 4x the range and nearly 3x more powerful, fully waterproof, loooks soooo nice, it arrives tomorrow, i could never step foot on there boards again

I really don’t think anyone cares anymore until an class action is filed against them for this, which no serious esk8er would ever do as it would make the sport and industry look bad to mainstream media.

https://youtu.be/np7D6eaHoFM video link

and picture of plug for those who don’t wanna deal with reddit

FUCK ADHD SUCKs, can you not edit posts? i wanted to say thankyou and i will be staying here learning and building my next board from scratch, thank god a found a well built board with a hobbywing esc or i’d be doing that now.

Buiilt FPV drones for years, can’t wait to do my first DIY

Just wanted to thank you

5 Likes

check your messages and do the bot chores to gain edit privileges.

Awesome! welcome to the community! a build thread is probably the best start you can have!

6 Likes

I don’t know? The fact that it’s a piece of shit that randomly applies the motors in the wrong direction maybe? Or that doesn’t sound like an issue.

There are problems with products, then there’s unacceptable problems, bad engineering and shit redundancy in the design. These are motor vehicles, not toys. And let me remind you, even toys are strictly regulated.