Bowery Surf Launch! - Adjustable Baseplates for TorqueBoards DD, Caliber 2, Raptor 2, & SurfRodz!

Cool baseplates! When will the adjustables be available for TB’s DD again?

1 Like

Hello! What pívot cups do you use with this baseplate + TBDD?

The ones that comes with the baseplate have a small diameter for the hanger, and the riptide that comes with the regular TBDD baseplate is too loose when inserted into the Bowery Surf baseplate…

Forget my question, it works well with the pivot cups that the bowery surf baseplate comes with.

1 Like

I can put together an order if there’s at least 20 sets, otherwise the factory doesn’t want to take it.

2 Likes

Count me in for 2 sets that are compatible with TB’s DD, please.

2 Likes

2 sets for me too .

1 Like

@mikenyc website been down for a few days that iv seem is this because of closing or other reasons?

2 Likes

Haha no. I’m working on some new stuff, it’s taking longer than expected but it doesn’t make sense to keep paying Shopify while I’m not actively selling anything.

6 Likes

Count me in for a set of adjustable base plates for TB DD

Could you perhaps give us a time frame when the adjustable base plates for TB DD will likely be available again (just judging from this thread there seems to be quite some shared interest)?

I would also like a set of adjustable baseplates for TB DD.

2 Likes

I’ll put together a private thread with everyone here that has expressed interest. I’ll need a minimum quantity for this to make sense. I’ll check with the cnc factory to get a number. Will get on this in the morning.

5 Likes

Maybe sell the excess to @torqueboards. I don’t know why he doesn’t offer these on his site already.

1 Like

@rusins There’s like almost no profit on these things

3 Likes

Just messaged a few of you who have expressed interest.

@flocon2001 @nomadic_myke @hans_maier @Cooperpoop2

1 Like

@mikenyc could you throw me in the mix. The more baseplates the better. Of course assuming it’s not too late.

1 Like

I’ll add you to the PM thread now

1 Like

And you know about my ordr i think :slight_smile: Still prefer Black, but can take the gold finish :stuck_out_tongue: (raptor 2.1)

I haven’t found anything searching. Can anyone expand a little on TKP adjustable baseplates and the effects of angle changes. There’s tons of info for rkp.
I have SR 177s on the bustin sportster, would like to see top at 32-35 on 110s.
Not sure what factory angle on SR is, feel like I saw 30* once.

For the front truck, if you lower the front of the baseplate, effectively moving the KP higher, that increases turn.
Lowering the rear of the baseplate and bringing the KP head closer to ground reduces turn because the truck is pivoting on a plane closer to perpendicular with the ground.

Any changes to the bushing? I’m guessing as the angle gets flatter (less turn more stability), the direction of force being applied by leaning gets more parallel or inline with the bushing , so firmer bushings needed potentially.
The additional height they create isn’t necessarily a bad thing for this board I’m working on.

Appreciate any insight from the TKP folks

2 Likes

@mikenyc any updates on the factory if they are back up and operational?

2 Likes