Boundmotor Odyssey Discussion

I don’t think anyone else has mentioned this yet so I will:
Boundmotor have made a new board, the Odyssey.

Looks pretty good imo.

12s8p P42A, dual 6384 motors and what appear to be the 150 Hotas on their Phantom hubs. They’ve used their Octopus deck and a nice glass fibre enclosure.
ESC is presumably their own “X Core Pro”, which is essentially a rebranded DV6.

Trucks are 390mm RKP CNC on an adjustable baseplate. With a lot of manufacturers slapping cast DKPs on a board and calling it a day, it’s nice to see another brand take a step in the right direction.

Overall, it’s nothing outrageous, and I’d still take a Hoyt Tabor any day of the week, but for $100 less than the MBoard Endurance it’s a pretty good deal.

9 Likes

I also thought I would mention, they have an Odyssey Ultra, but there are no pictures and the description is exactly the same as the flash.

It’s just a DV6 but I’ve heard they have problems. Tuning, or something? Haven’t heard much lately, seems most people don’t order from bound motor and I’ve heard a lot of weird stuff about CS on reddit

Heard great things about the octopus deck tho

1 Like

Issa rebranded MakerX DV6 gen1

2 Likes

Thanks for the correction, I edited the post.
I have the land cruiser deck, same as used on the flash and it’s pretty good, but as you said their CS is poor. I asked for the bolt specifications and they gave me both the wrong length and the wrong diameter. In the land cruiser they also used countersunk bolts in holes that were not countersunk. Genius.

Do you have a problem with them being DKP or just the fact that they’re cast metal and not CNC hangers?

I have mainly cast trucks and I’ve had 0 issues with any of them so far which is why I’m asking. Hell, one was run over by a car which ended up making it better IMO (acts liked a raked truck but also wears the wheels down unevenly which a rake won’t do). I also have some CNC made trucks but I’ve put way less miles on them so far so I can’t really say if they’re better or not long term.

I had this issue with Lycaon a while back. Bought a replacement deck to replace the one that was one of by a car and of course they didn’t add in the countersink to the bolt holes. Luckily I lived behind the hardware store so it wasn’t that big of an issue to buy a countersinking bit or whatever the fuck they’re called

The cracked deck was repaired but I didn’t trust it to hold up when using a bracket to extend the wheelbase and add a surfadapter to the board. Which is why a replacement was needed.

Well, CNC is generally deemed to be more predictable and better than cast, and given it’s used by all the best brands (Hoyt, Lacroix, Bioboards, 3dservisas, BN etc) I think it’s an advantage to have. Cast trucks are fine, I use them myself, but you never see them on high end boards.
My issue is more with the DKP aspect though. I don’t like DKPs and the Odyssey is certainly not the board for DKPs.

I don’t live near a hardware store but I just bought some replacement button heads which seem to do the job.

3 Likes

how are they only getting a max of 18-19 miles range out of a 12S8P P42A pack on this setup? I was getting close to 50 miles on that with my flux with 8" pneumatics.

Looks like it was a typo, website is showing 80-100km now.

2 Likes

That makes more sense.

1 Like

I’ve broken a caliber II baseplate on one board, and a hanger on another. They are cast

1 Like

Its something ive heard a lot, but where in an rkp/tkp truck do the better tolerances of milled trucks go? All the areas that have interaction with eachother is bushing seats, so why not get good tolerance bushings instead?

1 Like

I have demolished a lycaon by the might of one single stomp.

Don’t bother using that repaired one. Treat yourself right and get something else.

I’m not sure it really matters when it comes to tolerances, but the biggest difference I’ve seen is that sometimes you can still see a mold line on cast trucks. The cheaper they are the more likely it is to be visible since they usually don’t bother with sanding it away.

I don’t use that deck anymore but it is still perfectly safe to use with normal trucks. It was repaired with two lumbar ties that are made to hold way more weight than you’d ever manage to put on a deck. Which also means they can handle forces way larger than anything it would experience on a board.

Only reason I don’t still use it is because I didn’t like where the forces would be on it when using the surfadapter + bracket extension piece. That and they’d be too many bolts I needed to check regularly.

The other thing I dont like is that when you click on boards, it only shows the Flash model. not the other models

2 Likes