Boards of Sweden (Ready for orders!)

Thanks much appreciated!

1 Like

i donā€™t knowā€¦ something about riding barefoot on shattered glass just appeals to me.

4 Likes

Me too friend, me too :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

hahahaha no wonder you hate it, youā€™re using the medium stuff. I always use fine frit.

tempted to change your title to "bloody stump grip. "

6 Likes

It looks better like that anyways!

3 Likes

I left the blood on there, its nice and brown now.

@longhairedboy i like fine better for grip, but itā€™s not so great for the image clarity. I do a mix of fine and medium most of the time.

We are severely hijacking this thread at this point tho :face_with_hand_over_mouth: apologies @Schtekarsten. I think your board looks amazing and I would very much like to try it one day.

Have you considered a double stack enclosure?

2 Likes

Im glad you left it on!
No worries at all, the grip is something im looking to change and adjust. Plan right now is to spark a fire under the arse of a designer friend of mine to help out with a laser cut griptape design. im on the lookout and doing research on a laser cutter. but for now itā€™s hard to justify all that, but down the roadā€¦

I do have considered a double-decker. But for now there are plenty of amazing boards on the market that rocks a big pack.

3 Likes

two words: Glow Forge. My understanding is that theyā€™re easy like a Silhouette Cameo die cutter but will burn through shit all damned day. Iā€™ve been wanting one for years, specifically for making grip patterns. I doubt Iā€™ll ever spring for one though.

3 Likes

@janpom just recently got a neat desktop laser cutter, not sure if itā€™s large enough for a full grip, but it looks pretty good. Iā€™m sure there are plenty of decent options out there, but its always good to hear from like-minded people on their experience.

1 Like

yeah heard it a nice machine! it goes agains my natural instincts though. built a 250+kg cnc machine for under the cost of one of those. It only took me a good 1000+ hours to build and get the hang of it. I pay myself minimum wage of an African rice farmer, half that when school is hectic.

I have been eyeballing the deadly K-40 co2 laser machines.

2 Likes

I would be fine with a 300x200mm laser as I plan to only put griptape more or less only where your feet are placed.
The problem is that I just dont think I have/will have the volume to justify an expensive laser.

1 Like

just get a cheaper diode laser. They will cut griptape aswell. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahhh but you can use the laser for so many types of things! Sorry, iā€™m an enabler if nothing else :sweat_smile: get the laser, do the cool stuff :rofl:

1 Like

what nah? you sure?

Well the more powerful diode lasers can cut wood, Iā€™m pretty sure a bit of paper with adhesive is no problem for them :smiley:

1 Like

hmmm.

ae8a2cb8933e8e8ae5733fa55dd69a71

6 Likes

If I were going to frit that deck, I would use red epoxy that matches the ā€œbutton,ā€ probably 2 coats to hide the carbon fiber pattern under it, and fine, clear frit.
However, at production level, that would be difficult and time consuming.
Griptape is fine, until it isnā€™t. From where youā€™re standing, it makes perfect sense. But Iā€™d send out some extra precut strips with every board, the stuff is far from permanent after all.

1 Like

Or just donā€™t griptape the deck at all and instead send some griptape with the deck so the enduser can decide for himself what he wants. Donā€™t make it your problem, delegate where you can. :smiley:

2 Likes

^this. If I were to buy one, the tape would only be in my way.

1 Like