Boards of Sweden (Ready for orders!)

I second the motion for more info on decks/enclosures.

USD to EUR is looking pretty hot right now

4 Likes

Cheers!
Yeah I had a feeling you difficult people might want just bits and pieces of it.
The deck is so thin and the core materials canā€™t just be drilled and jam and insert in.
Right now im drilling and tapping the holes for the enclosure on my CNC machine. and there are prepositioned aluminum reinforcements that i drill and tap through. So no inserts are used making for a very solid construction!
Point is doing it by hand is a royal pain in the ass and harder than you think.
Also if im selling it separately it would make sense to make some mounting points for bindings and maybe even a top mounted enclosure or pelican case.

either way you would have to wait until shit is registered :laughing:
Iā€™l figure something out though donā€™t you worry.

8 Likes

The cork is actually pretty good att dealing with impacts. and being impregnated with epoxy and a layer of carbon makes it tougher than you think. on a previous street board a few years ago I ran I fairly similar construction crashed the board strait into a concrete car divider thinge at 30-35 km/h and it it held up pretty damn well. however on a mountain board the first point of impact is the front wheels & trucks so I dont expect that to be and issue.
Moisture is also not an issue.

I appreciate that! I need every help possible to reach out

3 Likes

Local coverage and loaning a deck / board out to be passed around might be a good move

2 Likes

Yeah for sure! Im working with the locals! but I agree. I need to get some quality videos out so people can see more than just pictures and text.
But for sure!

1 Like

Fantastic looking decks!

4 Likes

Get someā€¦.

And sell me one :eyes::eyes:

3 Likes

Looks like we might have to get the man some coffee :eyes:

6 Likes

I was thinking the same :stuck_out_tongue:

On principal though, not necessarily to reserve a board

2 Likes

Well I guess I will be awake for a while :laughing: rolling this out so late at night.

Would def be interested in a beautiful deck and enclosure combo!!

2 Likes

Me too!

1 Like

Thank you guys for the feedback & support means the world to me!

To clear some things up:
I do not intend to use a pre-order format I have a soft limit of 10-15 boards that are ordered but not yet sold. If the demand canā€™t be met the only option is to limit the ability to order while I catch up. I have paused my studies and I have two fantastic local friends that have already signed up to help out if needed.
Plan is to keep stock levels high enough to not be the bottleneck when producing the boards.

The idea behind the coffee fund is to better gauge the interest and prepare myself for the launch date. While giving back in the sense that you get priority when the business is registered and up and running. while be more involved in the details of whatā€™s going

As im very much in a stage of work in progress im only reaching out on this forum and on the Swedish Facebook groups. The more I can get you involved the better, before I open up to the general public. If I can survice this place I should be fine elsewhere.

Regarding the Deck & Enclosure:
I guess I wasnā€™t expecting such a demand for just the deck and enclosure, and I that was not the original plan for a numerous reasons (iā€™ll get on with the details just trying to structure them up and I would love your feedback later on this regard).
But I can def see why as those can be shipped across the pond, and you might already have parts you want to throw at it.

6 Likes

Iā€™m sure youā€™ve already realized it but most people on here build their boards themselves, so yeah, tough crowd indeed. :smiley:

I wish you all the best in succeeding with your ambitions. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks a million!
Yeah I am and will be forever grateful for this forum and what used to be electric-skateboard.builders You guys have by far been the bigest contributors to shaping the way for how the board is built and made.

8 Likes

I think the guys on here are only ā€˜difficultā€™ if the product is poor, or poorly designed. In your case it appears you donā€™t fall into either of those categories as those pictures are simply gorgeous and the detail is fantastic.

Very much looking forward to seeing where you go with this :+1:

8 Likes

We should sync up for a session together, spring is rolling in, I live in gothenburg too! Maybe I can help you with anything electronics related :innocent:

8 Likes

Latest update regarding the deck and enclosure. Iā€™ll pin it to the top as well.

Deck & Enclosure:
-Time consuming & expensive to make. (I guess I would have to let it go for 500-700ā‚¬ to be worth considering)
-The enclosure has a slight curve underneath. needs a jig when spot welding the batteries.
-Battery canā€™t be built with the cables on-top.
Shallow (22.5mm deep) also means a tall esc wont fit 20mm tall esc is kinda max cus of the bottom curvature)
-Soldering the series wires are easier said than done especially the ones connecting two p-groups in the middle of the enclosure segment itā€™s done in a cross fashion. (I have a special jig & method for that)
-Itā€™s easy to mess up if you do it for the first time

Just the Deck (top mount option)
-There are no inserts. I cnc mill aluminum pucks and I mill out the core material, that I build into the deck. I then drill and tap into those alu pucks using the cnc. (Pucks needs to be inserted in the correct place before making the deck, and taping and drilling by hand is very challenging unless you do a through hole, and even that needs to be marked when making the deck as the aluminum pucks are impossible to locate afterwards.)

Keep in mind itā€™s not originally designed for the DIY crowd. And things like use, abuse, support and warranty is going to be another hurdle to figure out.

That said if I can design some easy and simple jigs to make the battery & a clear written guide + a video on how to do it, it might be possible.

Drilling and taping will only be an issue if we decide to make a offroad top mount option with bindings (and that can be done before shipping if we nail down the position of the screw placements for the bindings & top mount enclosure.)
But to be frank I think you are better off hitting up the fine folks over at APEX, they have more experience in the offroad department.

10 Likes

Thank you so much!
I trying my best!

1 Like

Ohh shoot for some reason I thought you where from Stockholm!
Me Tommy & Hans have been riding quite alot lately and during the winter as long as the ground where free from ice. And we are riding a bit with the uni cycle guys as well.
We are going for a ride tomorrow at ƄngĆ„rdsbergen, some guy from Varberg is coming up with his trampa build and one or two wheels are joining I think.

Unfortunately im working until 13 and plan to say hi at the end if they are still out and about.They are meeting up at 10.30 starting the ride at 11.00.
if you want i can throw you into the messenger chat. you are more than welcome to join in!
Im the youngster in the group.

1 Like