Boardnamics Precision 220mm Caliber II Hangers

Not my business but why not make the clamps one piece? I assume they are for your precision drivetrain?

5 Likes

I belive he has two variations of clamps. A 1 piece clamp for the Precision trucks and a two piece for the standard caliber.

4 Likes

Yes @M.Hboards is right. Those are for the standard caliber II motor mounts. The single piece is in another photo. I made it clear they don’t need to be very precise as they assemble with cast members but this is the “worst” they could do :smiley:

9 Likes

You killing it holmes. Can’t wait for them new mounts

2 Likes

Hi long are the motor plates? Is it suitable to reverse mount?
And do they all have the notch for the idler?

(related) I honestly preferred when TB made their clamps in two pieces, for a short while. I tightened them down once, with no need for perfect alignment, and they’ve stayed straight and tight ever since.

The once piece clamps on non-precision trucks always came loose for me and ended up being much more of a pain. :man_shrugging:

IF the truck is precise enough, sure a one piece clamp is good because theorhetically it would do the same as a two piece with less possibility of coming loose, but when the truck (cast) has irregularities, the one piece clamp sits crooked or has lots of air gaps (see TB V3 clamps). Just my 2c

7 Likes

We’ve even had people screw up using a two piece clamp and complain more so than our 1 piece.

1 Like

…but

how…

:rofl: It’s so easy to put on

4 Likes

I have no idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Someone always figures out how to screw even the simplest thing up.

or in this case, failed to screw :wink:

6 Likes

Well regardless, precision one piece clamps on precision trucks, Kevin got some good stuff coming

3 Likes

Boy do I need a job.

3 Likes

The waiting is killing me :cold_sweat:

19 Likes

Mounts are done :smiley:

Supplier messed up and sent all the caliber clamps without holes…
Little do they know I have drilled 1,200 clamps in my day. I got this!

The good news is that these turned out a lot better than my very own creations. Super smooth, perfect finish. More accurate as well. The new idler works perfectly and can now go behind the wheel. The days of clearance issues are over

Throwback to August 2017 :smiley:

21 Likes

I got all excited and thought it was the 184 hangers, then I saw the pic and got excited again :joy:

4 Likes

Will it be order just the new idler from your shop if i alreadu have the old plate? (Yes I know they are different.)

Just the idler? I didn’t order any extra but maybe in the future. The new idler won’t really fit right on the old idler plate because the slot on the old one is 8mm and the bolt for the new one is M6. If you sandwiched washers then yeah I guess that would work.

1 Like

Might be time for a second motor mount then the more the merrier. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks great. Any change to the caliber clamp? Would love to see one of two things:

All motors seem to have the wiring indexed 90* of the bolt pattern which often conflicts with the truck clamp hardware. Reindexing the motor mounts 45* would allow the wires to come off the motor 45* towards the front of the baseplate. This is the ideal angle for exit. 45* in the opposite direction would be great for guys with motors in the rear.

It would require reindexing the motor mount holes. Alternatively, changing the clamp style would help. The two bolt clamp means The bolts have low ground clearance and one of the bolts interferes with the motors wires because of the way they leave the motor.

3 Likes