Boardnamics Precision 220mm Caliber II Hangers

This!
Is it weird to have had a dream about adjustable baseplates last night?

Day 1, real world testing. I shouldn’t have any trouble finding rough terrain in this neighborhood. I just weighed myself with my EDC backpack, helmet and pads, I’m at 230lbs. It’s not a backpack full of bricks, but it’ll do for now

5 Likes

This is my route and trip info. Low average speed from waiting around at crosswalks…

3 Likes

Low top speed too while we are at it :grin:

3 Likes

Ouch.:joy:
Ok I confess, I’m a kook, lol. Feels plenty fast going over lumpy slab with a 25lb backpack.

2 Likes

I took my dog with me today. I understand completely. I barely hit 17.

2 Likes

Quick update: took a small chunk out of it when I tried to slam it up a ledge that stopped the board and sent me sprawling. I love my pads. I have this in my cubicle charging and if I don’t stop staring at it, I’ll be standing tall before the man, lol

1 Like

Also, was looking for some info on cast vs billet in manufacuring and found this. Besides being stronger than cast, billet is just SEXY

Great hanger and a great price! =D
Good job man!

Not sure why everyone was poo pooing on “gotta test it hardddd!” Do they even know there’s a HUGE difference between cast metal and CNC billet… If standard cast caliber trucks can take abuse, these definitely can and more!

4 Likes

I love seeing a paradigm in the wild! Currently building one as well

1 Like

Probably because that’s what we expect of vendors.
Do you honestly think Psychotiller or tb releases things without testing?
Kevin is trying to be a legit vendor. So lets hold him to those standards.
There was also the question if 8mm shoulder bolts would take the abuse.
No one’s poo pooing on his product.

7 Likes

Forgive my ignorance.

I my boards are setup single motor with calibre IIs. I want to move to a wider hanger for dual big motor setups.
What exactly is the advantage of this hanger over he TB 218mm? Is manufacturing cost the reason for nearly 2x price?

It’s Precision cut rather than cast.

4 Likes

So durability? thanks!

The hangers cross section is significantly more uniform. Every dimension is more consistent. They’re also anodized vs painted black. Also, the axles are removable and can be customized

Another point. Because these are swap in hangers, it is arguably easier to upgrade to these. So far, these work with 3 popular baseplates

They’re also 2mm longer lol

Tb218 for US is $75, a set of my hangers is $97. Very competitive I’d say.

If these prove to sell quickly, I can up my quantity and likely price match these at $70 a set.

8 Likes

I’ve broken or bent no less than five Caliber2 hangers. So, they can’t. :slight_smile:

Hopefully these can, they look amazing :heart:

7 Likes

Thanks.
I read 50 each and know that TB218s are 65 list price.
Definitely competitive. Probably excessive for my build though

@b264 How does that happen? Going down curbs ? bails? i cant imagine regular rough riding would do it. And yes I understand Fatigue wear. Should I be worried about the TBs?

I love this deck. My next build will also be a DB paradigm. I still owe the forum a build thread…

1 Like

We should start a thread on “how to break a truck” I am interested in seeing how different people break trucks. Getting run over by a car is the only way I have managed to wreck a truck, lol.

1 Like

It’s cycle fatigue. Keep hitting cracks and eventually they can’t take it anymore.

7 Likes