Boardnamics Precision 220mm Caliber II Hangers

I would chase that thread with a die btw

3 Likes

never heard of this, what does it involve?
Edit: google educated me. Tanks :-))

3 Likes

these “geo” engineers don’t touch a lot of metal do they?

3 Likes

as a GEO engineer I couldn’t have put it better myself

4 Likes

Bump pmu @Boardnamics

Calling in the hive mind for a little help, details here

Whats the lead time on these please? Was going to order but your website shows available for backorder?

2 Likes

Due to arrive late September

3 Likes

Be observant when installing these shoulder bolts!!

I had a bolt with the threaded part not perfect in line with the rest of the bolt. It was impossible to screw in without ruining the hanger threads.

Some of the bolts have perfect fit and some dont. Using a bolt that doesnt slide perfectly inside the hanger will definitely give issues when unscrewing it.
Not sure if the video uploads but if you watch closely the threaded part wobbles. Screw threads looks fine but this bolt is unusable.
IMG_6572|video

4 Likes

@Boardnamics Hi, I ordered some 220mm hangers and was led to believe that the hangers included pre-installed fixed axles as the store page said, but when they arrived the hangers had no preinstalled axles and they were shoulder bolts instead.

Hi,
I’m all out of fixed axles and have the hangers in backorder now. Shoulder bolts are all I have and have emailed everyone who ordered one that I’ll be sending the fixed axles once they arrive for free.

I only preinstalled them upon request because it makes packaging significantly harder with the axles poking out.

Nothing wrong with shoulder bolts, if anything it makes life easier, you can even get the length you need on https://www.mcmaster.com/ and (almost) eliminate having to use spacers.

1 Like

I don’t appear to have received any email? Hmm

2 Likes

Did you sign up for an account when you bought?

I did not. hmmm

I seem to have bent a shoulder bolt. Are these 80mm right? I can’t find a longer bolt with 8mm id anywhere

1 Like

Does anyone use caliber mounts on BN hangers?
I tested a BKb mount and it seems solid, but only one the the points of the hex part of the hanger hits the rounded part of the clamp. Other point has a .5-1mm gap. Can it be shimmed?
Was looking at Whoosh mounts for an inward mounted kicktailed deck, but I dont want to risk the $$ if it wont be solid.

I’m running that setup rn on the 184’s and seems very solid but I don’t have many km’s on it yet. Generally, anything that fits a caliber style hanger will also fit the bn’s pretty well.

2 Likes

How’d you do that? Wtb pics!
You can get shoulder bolts up to 110mm long at mcmaster-carr.
You can also get them in just about any size on ebay, or aliexpress if you’re patient.

Yeah, some cut up soda can aluminum will do the trick.

3 Likes

Too far away :frowning: ebay has up to 80mm on uk sellers. I could really do with at least 90mm, to push the pulleys out even more and fit larger motors, but then i would bend them even easier… welp.
I’ll include some pics later this evening if i remember. It’s only like 1mm curvature in the middle but the wheel wobbles like shit when unscrewing and the bolt doesn’t come off until i unscrew the tire rim