Boardnamics Mounts Issue

I appreciate the offer, already got some on the way from vbelt supply now, thanks though!

Maybe you could you use a countersunk screw instead of button head?

2 Likes

What location are you speaking of?

I Shoulda read this sooner. I have spare 300 and 310 belts that i will never use lol

1 Like

Ah shoot haha thanks for the offer - will let you know if they break I guess lol

Hoping vbelt doesn’t take too long to ship them

Idler bolt, maybe not optimal, but if it is only the bolt head that hits, similar to what I did before on my old mounts:

3 Likes

Ohhh huh that is a good suggestion. I will have to look at that and see if that would help. In that case I would just have extra belts, no big deal.

This worked for me! I don’t remember what size bolt it was, just something i had rolling around in the toolbox. You might even find something that fits better.

1 Like

Hmm yeah it was just a bad combination, I should have gotten different pulleys, didn’t know the shafts would be so short. I still don’t think that the countersunk is enough to overcome the problem though because the bearing itself was hitting - I had to push it so far into the idler slot that it was almost bottomed out.

Helps for you that you have huge pulleys too haha

1 Like

I have made a breakthrough discovery.

You sir do not have a 40T pulley, rather a 36T. Count the teeth just to be sure.

Actually a 325mm would probably be more ideal…

I knew something was up lol

3 Likes

Hm. I will fact check this when I get home, but I am 90% sure I have 40T pulleys because they look bigger than the ones on my board and those are 36.

A longer belt makes the situation way worse, as the belt is already clearly too long, as you can see in the pictures, pressing it all the way into the very end of the channel is barely enough tension for it to be touching all of the pulley teeth

Something is not adding up, I agree. From my string measurement method I got 300mm as a good length to buy, so those are on order.

That is quite strange, 300mm will never work with my idler mounts, not even with 36/12. I would count the teeth as it looks like a 36T to me but I am just guessing based on several pictures as reference. My sim with 36/14 combined with your situation is checking out.

Now I am really interested to hear the conclusion :grimacing:

2 Likes

I guess we will see. I will count the teeth when I get home

Actually… He maybe right. O have 90mm wheels and 40T and the wheel to pulley ratio is way different than your setip

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think that big pulley looks quite right. Keep in mind I wouldn’t have an issue if I didn’t have 97mm wheels haha

I’m running 300mm on your idler mounts with 12/36 gear ratio with no issue now :slight_smile:

Edit : my bad, thought it was 300mm :-1: it was actually 305mm :sweat_smile:

I thought you were running 305? 300 is impossible even with no idler engagement according to the sim. Just tryin to clear things up

Oh wait crap I think it was 305mm :thinking: my bad :frowning:

Previous post edited for clarity :+1:

Alright so I counted the teeth, apparently the pulley that this guy sold to me was 36t not 40, I never counted it.

Regardless 320 is way too long lol

1 Like

It looks like 310 is right for 14:36, maybe 315 but I doubt it. 305 is probably not gonna work