Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

I’m locked in :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Id be down for a set as well. Anywhere we have to place a ‘preorder’/interest form?

1 Like

PM @Boardnamics if you want to secure a set before they go on general sale

2 Likes

he got to me first :laughing:

1 Like

Would you mind expanding on this? I looked through the thread, but it’s unclear. Is it just that the adjustable baseplates are skinnier/tighter to the kingpin?

4 Likes

@Boardnamics I am also curious about this.

1 Like

Great bait m8

Ahh, just re-read the whole thread. This is quite to the point.

@BenjaminF

Well, put me down for 1x adjustable baseplate and 1x set of helicals please @Boardnamics

4 Likes

Yeah I saw that post. I guess I am just having trouble picturing the solution. I trust that Kevin knows his stuff though :man_shrugging:

Ok noob question but what’s best locktite for these axles from BN? On 270 hangers.

I mean I can’t see myself ever needing to remove them… green one? 680?

I think blue is fine, and other’s seem to have had good experiences with it too, or even with putting it in dry. Green might not be necessary, maybe red?

1 Like

If you’re talking about installing the axles into the hangers…

Warp right past Loctite and land in Epoxyville

No reason for those to ever come out.   ever

Seriously I’ve used JB Weld but I prefer West System 650. As threadlocker. Liberally applied. Make sure none of it gets on the axle after it sticks out of the hanger, just wipe it off before it cures.

1 Like

Yes I am… into steel hangers :black_heart:
I have locktite 680 in hand but thought to check best product before I dive in.
Can probably find some west system 650 in nz. Have other ones to hand but - do it once, do it right…

Bent axle?

Best get something solid but will come unstuck with heat.

5 Likes

…you’re so sensible, Al…

Ok.

Blue it is.
Locktite 243

Bending an axle and having it stuck would be v bad.

Regular blue is a MASSIVE pain in the ass to pull out. Just drop the tiniest amount on the thread enough to barely wick in and screw it in

2 Likes

Great point.

In a steel hanger, yes; I can see needing to remove a bent axle and replace it. Epoxy or Loctite IMHO

In an aluminum hanger? No way, the hanger will bend long before the axle does. No reason to use Loctite unless you don’t have epoxy IMHO.

I forgot about the steel hangers

3 Likes

I can see me bending an axle, so locktite 243 it is. Also planned for thane so (after flexylgate) possibly more direct bending loads on axle / hanger than if planned for pneumatics (which might cushion bending impacts a bit…?).

3 Likes

Uuuh, no. Just no.
I bent about 7 shoulder bolts by now and 2 fixed axles. The aluminium they are made of is stronger than the 12.8 or whatever grade steel those axles are made of

3 Likes

thank you Brian!

1 Like