Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Maybe it’s the motor shaft that was off a tad.

5 Likes

Well, now that the motor gear is perfectly centered, the god damn wheel gear is grinding on about 20% of it’s radius. I don’t even know anymore

2 Likes

H7/m6?

How’s this for backlash?? …conscious it’s steel on steel so want to get it spot on😂

3 Likes

yeah looks good, if it clicks nice then it isn’t too close.

Probably a bit harder to set the helical gears correctly using sound I guess.

1 Like

@Boardnamics So i just finished putting everything together and found i seemingly don’t have enough axle space… I have used 2.4mm of washers but it looks like there is literally probably 2-3mm of axle length needed (Just to get to the end of the axle nut… Is it possible I have screwed the axles in too far? (That seems like a stupid question but I can’t imagine how anyone could have run 110s otherwise :thinking::eyes:)

Edit: You can see the kegel pins through the core of the wheel, do I need to push the wheel onto the adapter further? I’ll have to check tomorrow but I thought it was already touching the spacer)

2 Likes

I have about a kilometer of axle left on my bergs. I changed yesterday to 70x10mm shoulder bolts and they are the perfect size. 6900 are super easy to come by too.
What trucks are you using?

2 Likes

Looks good. But tighten a wheel on there (enough to clamp the adapter a bit but not bust bearings) and check to make sure it’s not too tight or not centered. You have 0 space to go wrong with here, if gear’s too tight something will break

A dual gear drive with 6355 motors will fit fine on the 184mm hangers right? I believe I saw someone post a picture here a while back with that setup, but I wanted to double check and be sure.

1 Like

Yep they’ll fit

5 Likes

Perfect, I’ll get to live out my shortboard dreams on gears

2 Likes

220mm trucks.

I can’t tighten it any further :thinking:

1 Like

30mm to spare

3 Likes

Depends on motors and baseplate. I have TB 6355 and tried on Caliber II baseplate and my motors hit the baseplate while turning.

2 Likes

Are you using bearings with built in spacers and speed washers? That’ll do it

arghghhgg shit. That’s exactly what I’m planning on putting them on.

What baseplate did you replace it with so it doesn’t hit?

Went back to 220mm hangar for now. It may be possible to correct it by changing the motor angle. I just didn’t feel like opening up my drives again at the time.

1 Like

Sorry for being a bit late, but yes, I am. This is my exact setup. Did you get it figured out?

1 Like

No worries. I have plenty of assembly work to do, so I was going to run the gear drives in the “parallel to ground” position and see how bad the ground clearance is before grinding the baseplates.

What angle do you have the gear drives set at? Were you able to angle them towards the deck?

1 Like

I’m running parallel to ground, or maybe 1 step closer to the deck. I wasn’t able to angle them closer to the deck, especially since I’m on an LY Evo 40", so the angle of the deck messes with it a bunch. My ground clearance has been fine for the most part

1 Like