Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Some seriously epic lathe skills and time

2 Likes

Yusssssss. So excited for the AT gear drives!

3 Likes

wait I thought the kegel adaptor would bolt onto those gears aswell?

2 Likes

No they’re a totally different size all together. I can make a kegel adapter but I have a feeling 5 people would want it. The case is so big, that the clearance isn’t very good on TB110s. The case outer diameter is roughly 100mm…so that leaves TB130 to be the only good option. Seeing as those hardly exist, it’s unlikely ill ever offer that.

3 Likes

@torqueboards the people have spoke.

2 Likes

What if there was 10mm more clearance than that? :crazy_face:

1 Like

I need to see an invoice from Labeda for 130s before I begin even drawing the adapter haha.

9 Likes

Is it possible to buy another/separate wheel adapter? i.e. run both TB110 & Bergmeisters?

The ratio would be a lot different on those two wheels. TB110 like a ratio around 2.8, TB130 around 3.2, Bergmeister more up there like 3.8.

So if you simply changed the wheels you’d either have extreme torque and low top speed or low torque and an unnecessarily high top speed that may not even be reachable.

Was the price for the AT setup ever discussed yet?

1 Like

Only helical for the AT drive?

1 Like

Making a run of gears is very expensive.

1 Like

$249.99 for a dual is primitive price. Doubt it will change.
@Jaws Only helical

8 Likes

He has a website… maybe you e heard of it www.boardnamics.com :joy:

3 Likes

Adapters and gears will be available separately on the site tomorrow.

4 Likes

…I think this has been confirmed, but just wanted to double check - the SR adapter allows the GD to be rear (reverse) mounted, right?

1 Like

Yes, since they’re TKP trucks. They’re only able to be mounted with the motors in the back

3 Likes

Any plans for support for nicer wheels than bergmeisters? :smiley:

3 Likes

Infinity hubs

2 Likes

Rockstar II

1 Like