Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Easyoff took the anodizing right off. Then wet sanded with 1000grit emory paper. Then polished with a dremel. Thanks kev drives look tight AF

22 Likes

Anyone using berg hubs on these drives? Send pic if you are please lol

3 Likes

So once the motors are cut down to 22mm, is there still enough shaft for 15mm belts if we want to use them elsewhere in the future?
My maths says maybe, but barely maybe…

Depends on how thick your motor plate is. It gets dicey, but where there is a will, there is a way.

1 Like

Good stuff, I’ll just go for it and deal with the consequences later. Thank you!

Gear mesh. Yay or nay? Gears still click back and forth with the least amount of movement possible.

3 Likes

Just from eye, the one on screen right looks good, the one on screen left looks a little tight.

3 Likes

Are those 97s?

Yes

1 Like

That looks pretty good to me. What i do to make sure backlash is the same for both sides, is to rev the throttle on the bench and let go, and see which wheel comes to a stop first, then adjust accordingly till both sides somewhat stop at the same time.

9 Likes

I’ll give that a shot tomorrow. It looked to be about the same. Kind of rushed through a bench test and rode it up and down the street once. Ill re-test everything in the morning.

I always used printer paper to get consistent backlash between the two sides.
1/2/3 layers works well.

1 Like

Do you recommend 2 layers?

I’m talking about normal paper, not the cheap thin stuff or the expensive thick stuff

Guys Show me your rides with these gear drives videos or pics would be awesome :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

I like your style!

1 Like

these gears are smaller so idk, maybe one? xD

1 Like

I be using a 100.00 dollar bill…anything else would be uncivilized

9 Likes

For these gear drives, you can get away with using a $20 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

25 Likes

5 Likes