Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

longer axles let you have wider wheels and then you have have the motors slightly father apart so maybe it works.

Just get the big ones and I will buy your 220s. I only have to fit little tiny 6355

1 Like

Has anyone recieved their tracking number? Havent recieved mine yet, but if it shows up as a suprise Iā€™m cool with that too :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I got a tracking number yesterday and Iā€™m pretty sure I was the first or one of the first orders to go through.

5 Likes

Gotcha. Im #1986. Maybe today/tomorrow.

3 Likes

Iā€™m #2016ā€¦ makes me wonder how many orders between 1986 and 2016 were gear drives! Haha

3 Likes

First order getting special treatment, I see!

Iā€™m order #1983, but I ordered 270mm stuff and I think that is in limited supply/being restocked soon.

Iā€™m guessingā€¦ 30.

2 Likes

I made 2 orders within a minute of each other, 1986 and 1988. Drives and hangers. Had to get that gd order in before the hangers just to be sure I got a set

2 Likes

Haha, nice. Instead of being smart like you, I was overzealous and added 270 hangers and GDs separately instead of the combo :man_facepalming: Probably could have beat Brian to first order and saved $20. (bd refunded me the $20 bc heā€™s a bro).

5 Likes

2014 here, so whereā€™s the tracking queue at now?
Also, anyone got a confirmation email when buying, besides paypalā€™s?

@RyEnd You got your order in right after me

1 Like

Kevin is a one man show. He personally assembles each part and ive seen how busy he is. Itā€™s definitely worth the wait.

8 Likes

Order 1992, Didnā€™t get anything besides the paypal confirmation.

1 Like

Would people buy pre cut replacement motor shafts?

@Boardnamics Would you stock them?

2 Likes

I would, if they were good ā€“ and I even have access to a machine shop.

But there are so many different motors I feel like theyā€™d have to be compatible with just a certain motor ā€” and a certain size of that motor. So itā€™s unlikely to ever work out well IMHO.

Plus motor shafts are case-hardened and you really want that to still be the case.

But yeah once you convince Dexter to sell a 63100 motor with your custom short shafts, Iā€™m in for one at least :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Too many motor sizes, and for some situations, cutting one is easier than disassembling the motor and getting the old one out. Iā€™ll never do this

5 Likes

nah I got flipsky in ma dmā€™s, only place that I could see a GB working anytime soon.

I figured Dexter would not sell a custom motor for someone elseā€™s GD but actually given dex was going to release a GD of his own maybe he will sell cut shafts for the 34 sizes

Yep this is pretty much true just need to have the tools!

2 Likes

And make sure you bag and tape so ferrous metal powder and/or chips donā€™t enter the rotor!

3 Likes

I would much rather have machined matrix axlesā€¦ Iā€™ll cut my own axles thank you very much!

2 Likes