Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

I prefer to build most of my boards for a top speed just over 30mph (48km/h). Like 31, 32, 33. (50, 52, 53).

Because I love the torque. Feel the POWAH and the RANGE

But I do have a board made for goin’ fast

9 Likes

Thats what I’m talking about lol. It will take a little bit to get up to that speed, and to cruise at it comfortably. Current rolling at little over 30mph comfortably

1 Like

Can the pinion size be reduced by 1 or 2 teeth? I remember there being alittle bit of adjustment.

The problem with that is that the motor will hit the hanger since it becomes too close to the hanger. Also, the 23/64 have no common multiples which makes tooth wear very even as opposed to 20/64 which has several. 21/64 would be good, but the motor would be 1mm closer to the hanger.

9 Likes

This is the kind of shit that I absolutely love learning. Never would have occurred to me, but makes total sense.

8 Likes

Ooooh i member me and @moon and @Boardnamics talking about that in the moon drives thread! And then it got its dedicated thread i believe, let me look it up for you.

Edit: here u go! Gear Drives - Hunting Tooth Frequency

7 Likes

@Boardnamics exacly what hardware will I need to assemble these drives? I didn’t receive hardware or lubricant with my order. I have 2 drives so I’ll need the equivalent of 2 hardware sets.

Thanks!

EDIT: I found this readily available under downloads on the boardnamics site. I’ll look first next time :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@boardnamics when you shipping?
Thanks

1 Like

@BenjaminF I absolutely agree!

Was gonna comment something just like this actually, but you beat me to it.

3 Likes

Here’s a few poorly overexposed pictures of a drive mounted on ma board, they just tie a build together soooo welll.
Haven’t even had the thing powered, just pushing down the street and it sounds so fuckin cool compared to belts
Thx Kevin :call_me_hand:

11 Likes

haha I had to push a single drive almost a mile, it rolls better than a walmart board!

4 Likes

fun times with Walmart boards…

1 Like

Every time I go to Walmart I ride the kid board around the store, good times

7 Likes

This makes me hella sad

3 Likes

IM IN THE SAME SITUATION, From the 8th

Same here, guess international shipping is still quite a bit delayed.

2 Likes

I was hoping it would have been stuck here at customs. But that would mean that it hasn’t even left yet…

1 Like

USPS has been REAALLY slow the last two weeks or so, packages that normally take 3 days have been taking a week

2 Likes

What is the angle on that deck? What angle are you running on those baseplates? Any issues with motor bite?

Yup. Still waiting :pensive: