Boardnamics M1-AT Drive | Helical Steel MTB/AT Gear Drive

It was cheap hardware, nothing wrong with bn baseplates, open all up and check it
I swapped all the Hardware its straight ahain

Sry for bothering

5 Likes

Goddamn, mine certainly aren’t in that bad of shape. I’ll have to take the baseplate off and see if mine are bent at all. I didn’t notice anything when swapping baseplates…

Is the hanger bent?

1 Like

Geeze, what kind of risers are you using?

1 Like

Jeez dude how much riser do you have that’s crazy long hardware

Haha yeah, i def had it to high…it was 2“ Hardware witha lot of shockpads and a big riser…i just did it higher because i was worried that the motors are biting the deck and the loopkey and because of the footstop and the antisink plate i mounted on top . Just got the whole deck lower now, hope there‘s enough clearance now

2 Likes

How the hell do you get these things to seat correctly? The wheel hub screws keep getting wedged before the wheel goes all the way down, I feel like drilling out the adapter is just going to make it rattle

2 Likes

I had to use a dremel grinder on my hub screws, and also drilled the adapter holes out just a smidge. And I still have issues getting them to seat properly sometimes when I rotate my wheels…

1 Like

Damn, I guess 5/32" bit and a drill press?

1 Like

I just did it by hand with the drill, but yeah I think that’s the size I used. Haven’t had any crazy rattling or anything personally.

The new wheel adapter system is a lot better

2 Likes

What’s changed?

1 Like

The screws have sleeves and the plate is now POM plastic to make the assembly a little more forgiving

4 Likes

Ooh neat

My bits aren’t good enough to drill 304…this is an issue

Get cobalt bits and go slow

Aww damn, Kobalt bits aren’t good enough? Gonna hit the hardware store on the way home Tuesday

Trick to drilling stainless is slow speed and high pressure. Maybe try with what you’ve got and some lube

4 Likes

Sweet success, all wheels just need a firm push and they seat fully :+1:

1 Like

Howdy, I’m mocking up some M1 drives to make sure I understand what I have to do once my motors do arrive and I’m a bit concerned that my setup won’t work as is.

The pinion gear seems like it’ll be too long for the case to actually close

There’s a fair bit of resistance on the pinion when I hold the case closed myself.
Is there something I’m missing? Will it work fine once I have all the parts?