Boardnamics M1-AT Drive | Helical Steel MTB/AT Gear Drive

That thang is super sick, I like and subscribe.
build thread for it?

1 Like

@Boardnamics Will you be selling the gears for the M1-AT? I see the regular M1 Helical upgrade, but not replacement for the AT version. I ask because one of my gear bearings doesn’t spin smoothly so i want to buy a replacement.

how they spinnin?

2 Likes

One spins perfectly fine. The other, there’sa slight hiccup.

1 Like

video?

could be backlash maybe

1 Like

Video you would only hear a slight “rubbing” sound. I feel it when i spin it on my hand.

1 Like

like a sort of grindy ish rubbing feel? checked all the screws and whatnot to make sure they’re not rubbin round the gears or the gears aren’t wearing against the casing?

I would think it’s the casing rubbing subtle, but I’m sure it’ll grow into a issue at some point. I’m spinning it in my hand and i feel and hear it. It wasn’t like that fresh out the box. After i got it on the adaptor and had to take it off is when it started. I don’t want anyone thinking i received it like this.

oh! check the hanger mount screws, they might be rubbin against the wheel gear on the indisde

i’d also check to make sure your wheel hub screws aren’t frinding against the casing, and you got your spacers there

1 Like

It’s within the bearing. I have it disassembled too how it would be out the box.

Since i couldn’t get the motor gear off (solvent didn’t work for me. Also the solder iron heat didn’t either😵‍💫) i just put it all back together. Here’s how it sounds without wheels attached. Sorry i have to do video with iPhone so it will only be visible from iPhones ( freaking Apple BS :face_with_raised_eyebrow:)

You can go into your settings and change the mode to most compatible

2 Likes

Just wanna drop this info for everyone who has a M1 AT, now currently we now because of the current hub plate design for the AT gd some ppl have been havin the hub plate break on them but others arent experiencing any issues. Thats because the mbs rim hole mounts on the hub plate metal thats surrounding it is to thin by comparison to the trampa superstar hub mount holes so basically if u ride with mbs wheel hubs u will have a good chance at potentially breaking the hub plate mount holes for mbs hubs but if u use trampa superstar hubs ur completely fine until Kevin changes the hub plate for the revised plate hes working on.

3 Likes

I haven’t had any troubles yet on mbs rims. Still going strong

1 Like

Thats good id definitely would say try not to jump on it like at all or ram over a big bump or pothole goin 25+ as precaution.

1 Like

I’ve been jumping plenty on mine with MBS rims, no issues so far.

Show us proof: pics, actual replies, “some people” is very non-descript

I know about @Deimos but that’s all

3 Likes

@Boardnamics I use SR TKP trucks with AT wheels (Trampa Superstar). IIRC, your M1 drive used to have the SR TKP adapter available. Any chance that one could be used with the M1-AT drive?

1 Like

Sadly no :frowning:

1 Like

m1 vs m1-at hanger pressfit

4 Likes

Lost me on the 2nd half