Boardnamics M1-AT Drive | Helical Steel MTB/AT Gear Drive

12S4P 20700 40T cells
Unity Focbox
70A Motor
-70A Motor
140A Batt Max
-45A Regen
MBS Matrix II trucks
Geardrive 5.20 Ratio with 165/225mm tires on phadladz rims.
Flipsky 190kv 6374 motor’s
I tightend the bolts by hand to make sure they werent over tightend… And trimed them all at the same length.

I was doing quite a bit offroad riding last week when i was on holiday lots of beach and hard trails with the 225mm wheels. Can’t remember seeing the damage with quite a few weeks of riding the 165mm wheels…

Maybe bearing wheel spacer needed on those offset rims to kill the slop created by hard offroad riding

1 Like

It has a bearing wheel spacer. Comes with the kit

1 Like

Is it nice and tight or loose fit? Does your outer bearing ride on the threads only?

That’s some crazy wear. My setup is in the outer holes and it doesn’t have any wear like that

I think there is a V2 of the star piece in dev so maybe not too worrying

Any chance you have pics of it all set up before you took it apart?

This is why I check my shit b4 every ride

2 Likes

Yeah haha same

1 Like

I think @Deimos deserves a free set of these if they exist.

5 Likes

I’m sure Kevin will take care of him

However, I don’t know if they’ve been manufactured yet

1 Like

I want @Deimos to get a set to do an A-B test of the two designs.

3 Likes

maybe it was caused by the wheels getting some air time with the throttle on, and then when they touch the ground again the stress went directly to the plate

better than broken/seized gears i guess

Maybe? Yeah I agree. I’ve jumped mine around quite a bit though and it hasn’t done that yet. I should check though to be sure

This is plausible but it would have to bend all five bolts in order to rotate. Most stresses should go to the bearings and axle. Bad tolerances there could lead to stress at the wheel adapter

@Boardnamics ETA on Hypertruck adapters?

those will exist? :eyes:

Said he was working on them…

1 Like

Yeah but nobody ever sent me a truck so that work in progress mean’t no work in progress.

2 Likes

so like

what if I send you a set of hypers as incentive to kake them straight cut gears? :pleading_face:

6 Likes

Ok :pleading_face:

6 Likes

A typical crash mode for a funwheel is to topple side over side, and so that means if this crashed it would likely be rolling on the motor cans themselves in a possibly very destructive manner.

1 Like