Boardnamics M1-AT Drive | Helical Steel MTB/AT Gear Drive

anybody tried 150mm tires with the AT drives? want to try out some hota 150s/metroboard 155s but I’m a bit concerned about the clearance to the drive casing. mine are already getting a bit beat up running evolve 7in tires

1 Like

also, anybody know where to get replacement 10mm axle wheel spacers? can’t find em anywhere

2 Likes

Mcmaster

2 Likes

amazon has some good ones for cheap that come in different widths. I have the 2mm ones linked below and they don’t look bad with my surfrodz spacers.

3 Likes

any idea what size i’d need for trampa superstars? :eyes:

1 Like

That superstar spacing could be wrong

1 Like

Maybe someone can confirm if this one is correct.

1 Like

can you tell I live in the PNW? :sob:

4 Likes

hey guys.

let’s play what is that Noise!!!

can you have a watch and see if you know what may be causing this clicking?

I had it a little bit the other day but it went away.

on this recent ride it stuck around.

clicking on the right back wheel.

2 Likes

Check your Backlash or Sounds like something is loose or broken

1 Like

Mine started to get noisy so i pulled them apart. My bloody motor gears had come loose and were touching case. Different sound though.

5 Likes

Have you narrowed it down to motor or GD?

2 Likes

I have not opened it up yet.
as it is I can’t tell if the clicking is from the motor or the drive…

I will probably crack it open this afternoon.

I have really been loving these drives.

I forgot that the troubleshooting of issues can be a bit hairy… ( or at least time consuming…)

2 Likes

I’m leaning more towards it’s the motor on this, but yes time consuming for sho!! Good luck with it I hope you get it figured out I hate those weird ghost noises

sometimes I feel this is 50% of what makes up esk8…

3 Likes

got a bit of play between the drive/truck… is this normal? do I just tighten those screws down? both sides have play

although with the wheels tightened down I doubt it’s this obvious

Wheel nuts gotta be tight, that wont be able to move. It’s the design intent. They’re not supposed to press fit on, theyre just clearance.

3 Likes

you end up getting this set up? im interested in the same config you had in mind with the kaly tires

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay I actually swapped back to the Kenda k909’s and had to throw a Kaly tire back on for the pics here. Set up is 10mm BN 270’s on BN adjustable baseplates with 6384 motors on the 5.2 BN AT drive and Trampa Fatladz hubs.

So I haven’t powered this build up yet but I’ve got it all to fit nicely. Here’s what I did:

10mm ID x 10mm Long spacer between hanger and hanger adapter on the drives. This takes the adapter engagement on the hanger from ~27mm down to ~17mm, but removes the excess axel left between the outer wheel bearing and end of axel. It would simply require the same length spacer between the wheel and axel nut if you want to run it with the normal hanger engagement.

Apologies for FUB calipers

Stack of 10mm ID washers measuring about 5mm long between drive adapter and wheel bearing

This gives the taller socket head screw clearance so they don’t hit the wheel

The first version of the drive adapters were lower profile and could get away with less but I’d recommend not using those since they are prone to wearing out quickly

Wheel is set up like this with the longer inner bolts protruding about 7-8mm from the wheel face

Fits on with no excess axel thread when you crank it down

Here it is compared to the K909

14 Likes