Boardnamics M1-AT Drive | Helical Steel MTB/AT Gear Drive

Thanks for all the tips. I just ordered Loctite 768 Solvent. Hopefully it’s able to find it’s way through the 648 compound. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

That sound legit. Let us know all about it. Is it acetone based?

1 Like

Interesting, never considered a solvent for removal. Definitely let me know how it works. I may buy some and sell it for $1 if it’s effective

7 Likes

I read something about acetone

It’s 30-50$ for 1.75 Oz…
An Acetone soak is tempting to try. Been meaning to swap gears here myself

1 Like

4 Likes

What about a gelled methylene chloride? Like a chlorinated brake cleaner would be better than acetone.

blowtorch intil smoking hot, make sure to rotate the fear so it’s evenly cooked, and flathead to lever it up slowly using the gd enclosure plate thingy mabob

4 Likes

This is the link to what I purchased.

The heat part is the last options, Im trying not to break my motor it’s attached to. I noticed when I applied a lighter (I know, not hot enough lol), my motor became rough when hand spun. Maybe I’ll try solder iron like the diagram.

1 Like

Damn you iphone user! Change your coded or upload it to youtube so the majority can view it as well.

1 Like

here you go bb :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: i found a better video

5 Likes

‘ayhaps

i’ven’t had any issues with torching the motor shaft real hard, what motors do you have?

SK8 6374 149kv

Marvelous :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I got a gear puller but the space was too tight to fit and didn’t work. Resolved to torch and flat head too, works well with some patients.

5 Likes

M4 10mm had to get a new set as well.

I feel like a fucking idiot lol.

1 Like

1 Like

That thang is super sick, I like and subscribe.
build thread for it?

1 Like

@Boardnamics Will you be selling the gears for the M1-AT? I see the regular M1 Helical upgrade, but not replacement for the AT version. I ask because one of my gear bearings doesn’t spin smoothly so i want to buy a replacement.