BN310 Split Angle Channel Trucks

@Boardnamics does the baseplate have a lip to help retain bushing contact/position?

The hanger had both a pocket and a set screw pin to keep the bushing in position.

The baseplate only has the slanted profile. Making a sharp slanted pocket for the bushing to push against was going to add way too much cycle time.

1 Like

Mine should be on the way

1 Like

It’s hard shipping when you’re 1300 miles away :cry:

My little helper is on it.

1 Like

Mine are arriving today!

1 Like

@KaramQ u got a tracking # for mine? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The trucks arrived today!

@Boardnamics do you have a basic assembly diagram?

11 Likes

The assembly is coming together. These trucks are significantly wider and lower than the MBS M2 trucks:

Any guesses as to what these are for? They don’t have the correct ID to be axles spacers…

6 Likes

Damn, thats lowwww. I can’t wait for my set to arrive, but now I am worried that the gear drive biting the haero deck that I experienced on matrix iis is going to get worse

1 Like

These probably go around your kingpin?

1 Like

Using risers between the deck and the baseplate would help reduce that. Hopefully you will also be able to push your drives out further onto the hanger.

1 Like

That’s what I thought too, but no they don’t fit around the kingpin.

I discovered that they fit on the axle but they aren’t the correct width for spacing the wheels out.

1 Like

Any chance your little helper can ship the balance of my order? Riptide 93 bushings four, and the spacers for 10mm axles to space wheels off?

@KaramQ @Boardnamics get this man some bushing and spacers :kissing_heart:

Got the trucks assembled and mounted. Getting pretty stinking close to hitting that magical zone of having the axles parallel with the deck!

And this is with the stock MBS rubber riser between the BN baseplate and the deck.

Next up is to try and figure out what the heck to do for axles spacers. The provided aluminum sleeves are too long and don’t leave enough thread purchase:

The weird grooved spacer (4 are provided) are too small:

If you stack the grooved spacers, it’s almost perfect:

The stacked spacers are ~15.8mm wide. So I’m thinking that a 16mm spacer might be perfect. Anyone have some suggestions for where to buy some 12mm axle spacers?

3 Likes

that’s the size you’re looking for. Kinda costly, but they’re quality. Just picked up ~10 for my various boards that have been using stacked washers and whatnot.

3 Likes

I’m stuck in vegas airport for the next few hours lol. I’ll get to it when I’m back.

3 Likes

Kevin said that without the spacers, the wheels will carve up the cases.

1 Like

I’m mistaken; I was thinking of the gt3 wheels

Thanks for the link! I’ll give these a try.