BMS issue - Not enough wires?

Hey guys. A friend of mine is fixing a 12s4p battery from my Meepo Hurricane. The BMS only has 11 wires coming from it. I thought for a 12s battery there should be 13 wires coming from it. Take a look at the pics and tell me what’s going on!

i counted 12, but not sure if the bottom black wire is part of the jst

think @Simeon worked on a few hurricane pack, maybe he knows

4 Likes

I don’t think the black ones at each end count. Only the 11 yellow/red ones.

I’ve seen BMSs where there’s no 0 and/or 12+ balance leed as they use the main ground and plus for it

I don’t know in what state is the battery, but you should be able to determine which cells correspond to which balance leed by measuring the voltage between the cells - tab and the balance connectors

2 Likes

They are pretty clearly labeled on the BMS.
B- is the big solderpoint near the balance connector and besides the black cable for B1 and a stupid order everything else is somewhat standard :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i like how they give 0 fuck about numerical order :rofl:

1 Like

I’d triple check that as hell before I plug anything into this, never ever seen a BMS with non numerical order, makes no sens

1 Like

It’s often done to make for easier routing of the copper circuit board traces. Though for an edge connector IMO all efforts should be made to keep the connections in numerical order. Clearly they don’t consider ease of use or repairability as a priority, just low development cost.

6 Likes