Blutstern - Rocket longboard, 10s6p, 4WD 58KV China Direct Drive

Jap, for me the two also worked out well, I didn’t push it though. In 4WD setup both are not under a lot of load. No cutouts of any kind also. I’m happy with them. I also got 2 of the MiniFOC plus for my new build thats waiting for the NeoHubs but they feel pretty hq too.

4 Likes

@BillGordon and @visnu777 thanks! They look like a great choice. At this point I am just worried about shipping/fulfillment/customer service problems that folks are reporting in the main sale thread. Hopefully the virus situation clears up soon and their customer service folks can return to work!

1 Like

@natch

The tb dd version of the Janux hubs fit the newer style elofty adapter

3 Likes

That is something to look at. Great job. :metal:

What did you shoot the CANs with to get that nice red luster?
I hadn’t realized there was a newer style eLofty adapter. Is this for all eLofty drives going forward? Can you point me to a thread where this is discussed? (Since I haven’t bought my eLofty drives yet, this would change my decision on which Janux hubs to get.)

Nice! Let me know how it rides. Enjoy it!

1 Like

Lol, I made thin TPU sleeves for the motor cans, glued with high temp silicone. I have no idea if it will hold but its meant to protect the cans. They are not getting hot in 4wd so the slighty worse cooling should not be an issue. Here is everything (good and bad) about the drives: eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying
@natch Of course :slight_smile: Atm its not so nice weather, I’ll try as soon as possible, thanks for selling :wink:

2 Likes

I just had a quick testride and I love it :slight_smile: those pneumatics really take away a lot of the shitty road. The airless AT wheels were already an improvement compared to the hub motors but now its another level. traction is great also, even though its wet with snow and ice :slight_smile: Thanks again @natch for selling these at a more than reasonable price :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Today I had the first real test ride on my usual track to work. Now I finally have a board capable of handling bad roads as well, the pneumatics take away most vibrations. It was a bit muddy today and the tires are street tires but they still handled it very well :grin: I’m ready for Paris now

19 Likes

Another run:

Blutstern is bleeding:

:ghost:

I definitely need to redo the lid. I’ll add a fiberglass layer with some dark red colored epoxy covered in glass frit. The light surface is really bad when it comes to dirt :smiley: It wasnt planned for AT so its not as stupid as it sounds :smiley:

8 Likes

Southwest Rhineland! That must be beautiful for riding! Thermal sensor is on the BMS?

1 Like

Yeah, but also bad for range :smiley: I have no BMS, external monitoring/balancing only :slight_smile: If you ask because for the VTC6: They didn’t become noticeably warm so far (80A total atm), checked immediately after riding and during longer uphill rides. On my other build (12s4p) I set the max to 90A and its also not even warm :slight_smile: That was definitely too much in 3p config, battery became quite warm (around 60°C, warm to the touch) when running at 80-90A.

2 Likes

Today I managed to go the whole distance to work, 30km, on heavily alternating terrain in a powersaving manner. Now I’m really curious how far I could go on flat :slight_smile:

6 Likes

How is the ride experience with 4wd and AT wheels? Is the torque good? Or can it be better? Any video Maybe?? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have to admit that I’m in love with it :blush: Torque is great, even with my quite conservative settings (45A motor/20A battery per motor) I can go up every incline I encountered on the track (see Metr log above). I’m even thinking about bigger, more grippy wheels for muddy terrain. I have no comparison to a “real” MTB with belt drive but I’m happy with it. I’m 88kg right now (working on it) so its not like the motors have nothing to do :smiley:
I got the insta360x from work during the Corona shelter so I’ll definitively make videos of both builds :wink:
btw, I’m thinking of an expansion pack again, want to be able to do the trip to work full throttle :smiley:

5 Likes

I noticed a crack in the bottom of my deck today. Need to investigate more… Didn’t look like it’d went thru every layer…

Will be pretty bummed if it did. I really didn’t want to have to fiberglass this deck…

1 Like

Oh shit, hope its not too bad :frowning: Mine is holding up great but I got rid of the original coating and used tons of epoxy to seal it after dyeing.

I ordered 30 Samsung 40T today :man_facepalming:
Going to build a expansion / extra battery with them, together with the internal battery its 30Ah or 1kWh :crazy_face:

5 Likes

You could test a mtb btw. :wink:

1 Like

Empty station

13 Likes

Is there any news you can tell us about the maker x esc?