Blue Shark, custom Subsonic Century 40, eBoosted enclosure, Surf Rodz TKP, @damon 10s5p battery, Torqueboards 190kv 6355 motors and 16t steel motor pulleys, Psychotiller Six Shooters and 60t pulleys, @akhlut motor mounts, Torque ESCs, Hoyt St. bamboo puck

Seriously?

4 Likes

It’s a package deal

3 Likes

You can’t handle the truth.

About my package deal.

4 Likes

Not an esk8 yet, but it is a skateboard. Still haven’t worked out the right way to mount the wheels so the grooves best channel water away.

7 Likes

This morning my wife asked “Did you see the envelope I taped to the box your deck came in?”. I had not. I almost threw out my shark’s teeth. I assume I can just prep, stick this on, then clear coat over? The enclosure is fiberglass.

That is a lot of enclosure. I am not anticipating a volume problem. I am anticipating adding the risers I got from @RipTideSports. It was a good excuse to order the tie dyed tee.

10 Likes

38 Likes

Did I ever tell you that I love you? Your timing is immaculate. My motors shipped late last week. I have been dying to put up the drawing of those mounts but I figured that was your honor.

Folks I didn’t even ask for custom shark head mounts. I just asked for motor mounts. That is the quality of work to be found around here. If only the rest of life was so gratifying.

I hit you up on Paypal for the amount we discussed. Message me if there are any other charges.

11 Likes

I mean, I recently got engaged so I guess you can count me in on that list…

2 Likes

I need to put the helicoils into the hanger mounts tonight. If I don’t screw that up I’ll ship them out tomorrow or Wednesday. I’m going to re-polish these to get the luster up too. I had to grind them down slightly to remove some tooling marks, and I couldn’t toss them in a vibratory tumbler or else the teeth would be worn down.

Also, teeth are SHARP like real shark. I bet you could open a bottle with the jaws.

6 Likes

First thing I thought. I am going to have dueling built in bottle openers.

Even better. I bet they will be great at cutting the wax poured on bourbon bottles.

6 Likes

I had a frustrating exchange with Enertion today and exited the conversation with even less confidence that they will deliver my Unity any time soon than I had when I ordered it. I am thinking about ordering the Flipsky Dual FSESC6.6 Plus to replace it. Info out there seems to be fairly sparse on it. Would I be making a mistake?

1 Like

QC issues and lack of customer support comes to mind when I hear the word flipsky

As a bonus they usually have stock

1 Like

The other option I am eyeballing is a pair of the Torque ESC BLDC Speed Controllers. Torqueboards has consistently delivered when they said for me and they have the controllers in stock. I know V 4.12, not 6.6.

You apparently have spent quite a bit of money so far.

Why not go the distance and get a pair of original vesc6 's ?
Yes they are expensive but they are in stock, reliable and Trampa have great after sales support.

1 Like

I got in on the lowest sale price on the Unity, so I haven’t spent that much. If Visa doesn’t refund the full amount I think I will keep the order instead of paying Enertion’s 20% cancellation fee and then sell it for a 20% reduction from the sales price. That way they only get the one sale at the lowest price they had. I have been ordering motors and controllers for two decades. I know when I am being lied to. It also became evident during the conversation that the cancellation fees are part of their business plan. I won’t ever order anything from them again. Ever. I read the warnings about their business practices but I thought they would want to try to repair their reputation. They don’t care. The market takes care of businesses with that approach. When these components become more mainstream there will be a shake out. Businesses that operate on quality and honest delivery dates will be the ones left standing.

I already ordered the Torque ESCs. I looked at Trampa but I am not trying to set any speed records. Their units are just overkill for me. I ordered their Urban Treadz for my Evolve and was very happy with the delivery time and the product. Plus I ordered Torqueboards motors. They arrived yesterday. I expect their ESC to play well with their motors. My battery is 10s5p. It won’t be pushing the ESC’s too hard.

6 Likes

Drive train looking good and @akhlut is a freaking genius.

Taking its place on the Wall of Fun.

18 Likes

I love him too !

2 Likes

They have me for a Unity and 2 focboxes since Nov 2018, I don’t even think I can talk to Visa any more

I don’t see them pushing out to the front of the herd, mostly running off the builders forum and Jason’s overwhelming social media contributions

1 Like

Your board looks awesome. But with those amazing mounts, this is definitely one of those times where I think you should go front wheel drive. Purely for aesthetics and optimal squirrel munching capability. :shark::chipmunk:

6 Likes

I called Visa today and told them the story. They laughed and immediately reversed the charges. I asked if they wanted a copy of the chat log when they admitted the original delivery date and told me there would be a 20% charge if I canceled. They said no, they didn’t need it.

9 Likes