BKB Dual + Nelson Stingray KT39

Starting a new build. I plan on using this board plus a BKB dual kit as the ‘base’ to start with.

11 Likes

Ooh that’s a pretty looking board! Have you verified that there is a 9.25" wide section about 19" long for the enclosure to mount or are you not using the stock enclosure?

1 Like

Like it was designed for it! Check out how the graphics even flow!

7 Likes

@BuildKitBoards I’m super pumped and impressed with the kit! I’m digging the red wheels and black motor mounts. I was also super pumped to not see and logo on the enclosure! Thanks!!!

3 Likes

6 Likes

I’m heavily considering reshaping the nose and tail. You can see my rough pencil lines. This would be about 36 inches in total length after the chop.

3 Likes

FWIW, I really like this deck as is.

10 Likes

Love the tail but I could see chopping the front

2 Likes

I could assemble first then get a better feel for it. No need to chop it up first.

4 Likes

That’s what I was thinking, but it could become disproportionate (front trucks way out fro t and rear trucks buried in the ‘middle’ of the board). That’s why I think the tail would have to come down too.

1 Like

That graphic flow is on point. I love that deck . if you do cut it keep the kick tail the same length but just round it out to match the front

3 Likes

Don’t cut the stingray!!! Those boards are rare as fucking hen’s teeth these days! I’ve got a double kick batray and a single kick batray, but I have been searching for a Stingray for over a year with no luck :disappointed_relieved:

10 Likes

The plan is to not chop it at the moment, going to assemble then review.

3 Likes

OMG. I would give my left nut for that deck. Such a nice piece of wood. Been looking for one for years! If you have to chop, don’t chop the tail, you will love the functionality of it. Will be a sick build. Look forward to seeing the finished product man.

2 Likes

I need to pickup thread inserts for the enclosure then then the rest will come together pretty fast. The board looks fast standing still!

9 Likes

Yeah bro. It would be sinful to chop that deck. Skatan would curse your soul for eternity.

4 Likes

I could understand taking a bit off the tip. But leave that tail alone %100.
Looks great all and all dude.
Killer build.

3 Likes

I’m really loving the entire look right now. Leaving it as is :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I would try riding the board analog a few times in different wheel base options before mounting the enclosure. You may find you like the rear trucks on the smaller wb.

2 Likes

me too, I was just thinking how nice to see a proper tail and now your chopping it :open_mouth:

1 Like