Bioboards new herringbone steel geardrive system

After feedback from our v1 helical geardrive we have now updated it with several improvements.

Its available to preorder here:

Why do we have a preorder? A: We have a few in stock so you might get lucky with fast shipment, but the gears is super expensive to make so we need to do a preorder to order correct amount of gears for the ratio customer order to make it worth it. Please dont ask if it will ship now or not , count that it will ship according to info on the product page.

Why is it more expensive then v1? A: The new herringbone gears (or dual helical if you prefer to call it because of the small space in middle) cost a lot more to make and very few factories even said they would try with a small gear like this with this design and low quanties. But still its not more expensive then other premium geardrives that dont have this gear, so i think for what it is its not expensive.

Updates from our v1:

• Herringbone gears instead of helical - no axial side force load and better sound

• Bearing to seal the geardrive instead of plastic v-ring: (this also makes the gear always in place even if the wheels is not attached)

• Abec adapter now also available (kegel and most AT rim support also ofc)

• All screws to install the geardrive case is screwed from same side

• Our new channel truck simular to hypertruck that use the same riptide bushings is now ready and support it: (but still we have our RKP hanger and Matrix 3 adapter)

• Push to fit solution for wheels -no more need to remove screws to change tyres etc:

• Higher gear ratio support: 1:3 , 1:3,5 and 1:4.4 ratio

• Improved design/look: (motor plate is black and not green for production)

• Very good price on rims if you order togheter with the geardrive!

• Both RKP and Channel hanger comes with intergrated hanger adapter for easier assembly and more secure.

If you are interested and want one please pre order it so we can move faster to production, for more shipping information read the shipping info on product page.

Any questions please let me know!

14 Likes

Hmmmmm.

Haha should be now

3 Likes

I need a video of these spinning with sound and a decibel meter next to it :smiley: (smartphone works)

1 Like

15 Likes

Ooo, I like that sound. Almost sci-fi

1 Like

Omg these sound so freaking cool

@mackann what is the weight for a set of these including the gears and wheel adapter for pneumatics?

1 Like

Oh man - I really want to put this on my choochoo build, I wonder how the size would stack up on it though

2 Likes

Do you have the deck in 3d file and i can make a render for you? The RKP is 300mm and the Channel is 335mm or you can use the Matrix 3 with the adapter

4 Likes

does M3 require the 70mm axles?

Yes the short version will not fit

I don’t unfortunately but the matrix 3 could be a good option. Will have to look into it

1 Like

Can you show the Matrix clamp? I’m hoping it might work for 22x22 hanger with a shim.

1 Like
1 Like

I think bioboards said somewhere that a 22x22 adapter would be coming down the road.

A few more pictures with rkp hanger:

3 Likes

Didn’t see anything like that, but I really hope so :crossed_fingers:

Matrix 3 adapter won’t work I think, the hanger is not a symmetrical square…

1 Like