Bigfoot | TB130 | Dogstar Stubbie | Unity Super Single | 10S3P 30Q [SRO]

Nope; the board works right now.

Loopkey for the win

2 Likes

Have you just had the metroboard enclosures around for a while? or do you reach out to metroboard for old unlisted stock?

Checked out metros site, but they don’t even have them in their legacy parts section

I bought old stock. They don’t carry the clamps anymore though, I manufactured those from welded aluminum and cork.

1 Like

It’s Bioboards. :wink:

4 Likes

So… your sayin they’re gonna be $250 a pop :rofl:

1 Like

Not a bad deal if they are really good :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

1 Like

Damn that must be the wheels? I think my rocket weighs like 28lbs?

1 Like

Okay so after 2.5 months of heavy usage, here are my thoughts on Bigfoot.

The Unity Super Single gives this thing so much power, and I love it. :heart: I kinda feel like my other singles are all in another category now, none of them have as much oomph. I feel like this design pattern will be replicated.

The lighting system has some sort of undiagnosed problem where on hard bumps, the white front light gets super bright briefly, but the rear one doesn’t. Odd, since they are fucking wired in series. :confused: The exact same current is flowing across all 4 diode junctions, so I’m not sure how the front two LEDs can suddenly get real bright while the back 2 don’t. This is warping my brain trying to figure out what failure mode can cause this symptom. It’s not breaking anything though, so… yeah… it’s been left alone.

The wheels are pretty good, shame those aren’t available.

The grabber is nice occasionally, but not nice enough to replicate again.

The deck. Okay, where do I start? I’m not impressed with the Alva deck. There, I said it. I tried it, I gave it a great chance, and I tried to like it. The Powell Peralta Bones Brigade Reissue decks seem better in every way. The tail is too rounded and has too steep an angle, and is slightly too short. The nose is turned up, which makes the handle funny and long. The deck isn’t as wide in the front as, say, the “bottlenose” variant of the Powell Peralta Mike McGill Skull and Snake Reissue deck. So, I have been considering doing a deck swap or recycling the skate for its wheels and ESC. Especially with the Boardnamics BN145 hangers due next month.

Overall, this skate gets an “A-”, one of the better ones I’ve made. The deck brought that down from an A+.

15 Likes

Oh yeah, the Unity antispark crapped out, but the loopkey makes it a non-issue.

And it’s been in water, been in brine, both sodium chloride and calcium chloride, and been hosed off in the garage probably 20 times or more.

8 Likes

I wrecked Bigfoot. :sob:

I don’t think it’s too bad. I know the handle is broken at a minimum. It still runs, so that’s a good sign I guess.

I hit radio interference right on heavy acceleration at a green light and spilled across the intersection. I found the board in the stormwater drain.

6 Likes

The handle is broken and the grabber is bent a little and the lights don’t work. The drivetrain still appears to work. This one is going to need some service to check the inside.

It would appear the handle and grabber absorbed most of the impact forces.

And my right hand is leaking in about 3 places and my left elbow hurts a lot.

14 Likes

I’m glad you didn’t get hospital hurt!

9 Likes

the board don’t matter as long as u r not seriously injured

6 Likes

Ah shit! Sorry to hear. Crashing sucks but worse when it’s a board fault rather than user error. Crashing in an intersection not good!

8 Likes

Bigfoot crash. 3 days later.

gore

I had 2 shirts and two coats on this arm.

To be clear, that’s a bruise that goes basically all the way through the arm.

It wasn’t bloody except those two dots on the elbow.

Also, the elbow itself is swelled up a lot. It hurts so much.

15 Likes

Not great, obviously, but glad it wasn’t worse.

5 Likes

Now thats a blue one.

3 Likes

Holy shit, you landed arm down, foot facing up? Get well soon!

2 Likes

Bigfoot crash, 5 days later

gore

10 Likes