Big Reds Boards (bigredsboards.com now live)

10s10p 42ah p42a

8 Likes

P42A is only 4000mAh :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But that battery looks nice dude!

1 Like

Not according to 18650BatteryStore.com

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

But of course. Those are marketing numbers.

Yeah haha true shit. Thanks for the compliment.

Not according to Mooch

2 Likes

The Molicel P42A is rated at 4000mAh.
The Molicel P42A is also rated at 4200mAh.

There is almost never just one capacity rating!

Usually there are both “minimum” and “typical” ratings, as exist for the P42A. Both are the correct rating. It just depends on which one you are looking for.

I try to use the minimum rating (since it is the worst case number) but when not available I use whatever single rating is in the datasheet. Datasheets get updated too, with numbers added or modified. This happened to the P42A.

15 Likes

The more you know.

7 Likes

I think that’s why there is “42” in the P42As name. Along with many other cells. I didn’t actually realize this until a few months ago…

P26A, M35A, 30Q, 50E, 40T etc… all state (maximum) capacity in the name

For Molicels, I believe the “P” stands for Power cell, and then “M” stands for Medium Power Cell (M35A). We may say that energy cells are only for low discharge ratings, but I can actually believe that it is a medium power cell. It’s between something like a high power P26A and an high energy <3A discharge cell found in power banks.

6 Likes

9 Likes

1 Like

14 Likes

Latest collaboration with @cfelzien. Turned out sweet! For sale with eboosted enclosure for $675. If you would like me to build a sexy battery to match the sexy deck I will give you $100 dollars off.

2 Likes

What is the skin design?

:man_shrugging: It was just a free image I found that looked cool. It was on grabcad oddly enough. Will be working closely with artists for decks to come.

Price drop on the Kaly deck.

Charge port in line fuse holder. First print came out good. Just have to do a few alterations and then this will be a nice addition to my batteries.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Thats pretty simple and clever. 10/10. You get a gold star.

3 Likes

Work of art!

2 Likes