Big MTB Lipo Battery: Configuration and Wiring Questions

Hey guys! The batteries just came for my MBS mountainboard build :smile:, and I realized that they are going to be annoying to wire up. I’m using eight or nine 4s 5,000 mAH lipos from HobbyKing. I could either make a 12s3p or an 8s4p battery. I’m leaning towards 12s, but I’m not sure my flipsky dual 6.6 fsesc can handle 12s :fire: :grimacing:; what do you guys think?

Also, does it matter if I make the parallel or series connections first? And are the 12awg wire and 4mm bullets that come on the batteries enough? Hopefully, they won’t need to be replaced :pray:. I will use 8awg wire and larger bullets for the rest of the connections anyway.

Thanks in advance for any help! I can’t wait to show this amazing community the rest of my build; I’ve already started hitting some jumps (without motors though), and can’t wait to get some power under my feet.

It can handle 12S just fine, I suggest 12S over 8S all day.

Parallel before series. Wire and connector gauge depend on how many amps you’ll actually be pushing to your motors. IIRC 4mm are good up to 70A (and you’ve got three of them) and 12awg is good up to 100A, so you’re probably more than fine.

Thanks