BGM Direct Drive Extruder and Mosquito All Metal Hotend Assembly for 3D printing

Yeah, I think those are two valid concerns. I think one adjustment would be to reduce the printer area in the settings. Can you do that? Else configure marlin 2.0 and install that. That will be some additional work, but it will be worth it with linear advance enabled.

1 Like

I don’t have Marlin installed, so I’ll try that tomorrow

In marlin you can specify the probe offset from the nozzle so that should take care of the probe out of bed problem. But to make the probe vertical you can use that mechanical engineer brain of yours.

1 Like

Thank you very much… My lady seems to think otherwise. I’ll link her to this.

2 Likes

This @Jujo. Makes a world of difference. I think those type of sensors from what I’ve read over the last year do like to sit completely flat though. So try and get it as straight as you can.

Bltouch is actually nice. I can have mine crooked as fuck and as long as I set the offset in Marlin, it just works.

2 Likes

Still need to do this I manualy lvl the bed every 6 months ish and let the BL toutch do its thing iv only changed the z offset on the ender 3 need to correct the x,y but it’s a big step for some one that’s never used code

1 Like

@mishrasubhransu So I can’t seem to figure out how to upload Marlin. First off, every goddamn tutorial out there doesn’t match the current github downloads.
-Downloaded Marlin and copied the required configuration files for my printer. (Cr-10s Pro doesn’t exist, so I opted for the Cr-10s configuration)
-Went into Visual Studio Code, went through PlatformIO and AutoBuildMarlin and everything checked out great. Build passed and everything and I even went through and changed the X-min so that the sensor would be directly over the print bed. It was set to 4 and I measured it needed an extra 5 mm to the right so I set it to 10mm. Saved changes and ran Autobuild and it was a success.
-For some reason though and unlike every other tutorial, it wasn’t a .bin file but instead a .hex. I transferred it through microSD and put it through my printer and it got stuck in the Creality loading screen without any change to the progress bar.

Is there an easier way to upload Marlin firmware for christs sake

Can you not use the M851 to configure probe offset and M206 for hot end offset instead of configuring a hole mew marlin?

1 Like

@jujo I’m anti probes so I can’t help you there but I did have to recenter my bed using a pc with pronterface connected to the printer, measuring the offset, and running m206 commands with matching offset coordinates.

1 Like

Yea that’s another way, but I can’t even get Marlin uploaded and to show on my printer :sob:

1 Like

Do you know if you have a bootloader on your printer?

Ahhh I’d have to check, but I believe I’m on a newer board so maaaaaybe?

When I redid a ender 3 I got the marlin from Creality website and I had to use a separate pcb. Iv seen there is a way do it with a rasbry pi. Iv also seen recently you can do it thro a USB don’t know if this is a new thing on newer mother boards

Yeah the usb method only works if the bootloader is flashed on the board already.

If you end up bricking your board, I have a few ender 3 boards laying around and I can send you one.

1 Like

I got someone on the freesk8 telegram chat who can help me install Marlin. If that doesnt work, I’ll try to draw up a new bracket and ask someone to print it for me :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the offer though, I’ll definitely consider taking you up on it if it comes down to it :pray:

1 Like

Doesn’t that file have a bltouch bracket version?

2 Likes

It does, but I’d need to buy a bltouch, somehow print it with my fucked printer, and I’d still need to adjust my X-min so that the sensor won’t go off the print bed :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think you are very close in terms what you need to get this working. Just have to get the marlin installed, everything should work after that. You are using marlin 2.0 right? If all goes well then enable linear advance and then the results are going to be crazy good even at high speeds.

1 Like

Yea I can’t wait to stop crying

I really do appreciate all the help and recommendations though! I’m excited and terrified of my future with 3d printing

The printer will first break you and then make you.

2 Likes