Best value Hub/DD board?

I have tested hobbywing and meepo (lingyi) hubs extensively with super much load ( 2 grown men)

(To see how, check diywhy)

Meepo 100mm hubs snapped after 2 3km rides.
Axle snapped clean through.

Hobbywing hubs are still going strong and are not even bent after 250 km of 2 person rides at max speed.

If you inspect the design of the 2 drivetrains you will clearly see hobbywing is using the much stronger clamp design and lingyi is using the square fitting method also found on koowheel hubs, which is prone to get loose.

2 Likes

Hmm maybe I should just have someone fix my old Wowgo Mini, I have several sleeves laying around but it just stopped working after like 2 years of use.

1 Like

U can probably make it better than any prebuilt, way cheaper

Maybe. If you have rough roads I would go for it, but if you have good roads, then save some money and go for a hub motor board.

Sidenote: I wonder if there are any EU board buiders that you could just pay to make you an ideal DIY board for the money :laughing:

At the moment there are no good/reliable DD kits out there… both TB and Elofty lack strong hanger/axle designs.

There is a fix for tbdd

3 Likes

Yes, but this does not fix the other design flaws with the motors :wink:

1 Like

Yeah but OP already said he wants a prebuilt, so my recommendation is obsolete anyway.

Probably not. Below ~1.3k you get more value out of a prebuilt, if you dont wan’t to use used parts.

1 Like

there is only so much we can do after a product is brought to the market, or we might as well design and make our own DD :joy:

1 Like

I’d suggest picking up a Revel Kit, it’s a really solid board. Fits in your price range and it’s only 12 lbs, can go on most decks excluding drop decks!

I love mine and the DD is super durable

2 Likes

My Wowgo 3 was great. Used it for several months before selling to go diy.

Pretty shitty speed and range right? (which are my two main factors I care about)

Lol no why would I say I loved it if it was shitty

Range depends on rider weight and what wheels you select. But, the batteries are swappable. I’ve got three batteries and have never had a problem with range.

Speed, well you’re wrong again, you can go up to 30mph on it lol

1 Like

revel kit with a DIY larger battery could be a fantastic option

1 Like

Or just buy a second one, they’re swappable.

1 Like

Yeah that’s why I have 3, my fiancee rides it but even when my friends ride it they get at least 10 miles per XR battery

1 Like

Sorry noob question but I thought these never shipped? I can’t find any site for them that’s still live and the thread here has a big scam warning on the front, maybe they sent some good ones or this is a joke I’m missing :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Jeff did send out those neohubs, he promised its the same as loaded hub with sensors and would fit the loaded sleeves, but turns out it didn’t fit. some people who brought them basically had no choice but to run them with neo sleeves. i used to have a set before i sold it, they aren’t bad really, but u basically will not have more sleeves if they start chunking.

they were real at one point, but its abandonware now

1 Like

I might sell our Jetforce Predator prototype.
Loaded Hubs, FS VESC 6, FS VX2 RC, 12S2P 40T, 50km/h+ top speed 20-30km range, DKP trucks, Manta Pro deck, BB enclosure, Dope Grip.

PM me if you are interested in.

2 Likes