Best methods for shipping esk8 internationally?

Hey guys. What’s typically the most cost effective way to ship a board internationally from the US to UK?

Getting a FedEx quote online shows me $4-500. I expected it to be expensive but that seems steep. Is that a pretty standard price? Any advice is appreciated.

1 Like

declare it as non removeable battery contains in equipment, something like that iirc

2 Likes

any other tips are appreciated - yall use fedex? ups? etcetc

1 Like

iirc fedex should be able to accept it, u should go and ask them

1 Like

Sounds pretty reasonable to me. Doubt you’ll get it much cheaper

Only 500$ Over an ocean? Legit declared “there is a big Lithium pack up in this”?

That’s a boat ticket at the least. A few years ago I got lol’ed out of fedex and ups in Hawaii to ship to main land no matter the price.

1 Like

OP, that’s a good price.

I was rejected at fedex and ups in Hawaii sending stock Baja board batteries to California.

(10s5 or something p). I am curious too. Vendors, how does one even do this?

That sounds in the ballpark…?
Depends where to where but a deck only from uk to New Zealand was recently gonna be over $200 (iirc) without weight of wheels, motors and also the big lithium bomb that powers it all.

1 Like

Don’t say “sneak at storage voltage with bombproof insulation”. We have all considered that badness, according to our collective lawyer.

BKB / eboosted and Duckbattery have all shipped battery to me internationally via air travel, u can ask them if u want

honestly, I did the FedEx quote purely based on a “20lb package”, no mention of batteries etc… didn’t even see an option for that online. Still quoted me like $500. Seems pretty crazy for a 20lb item to cost that much to ship, no?

It may not be an option for you but it helps if you open an account at the shipping company. The price then goes down A LOT. I have an account with UPS and DHL and I get ~70-80% off their price lists. It’s a weird business model.

Here’s an example item from my last UPS invoice:

7 Likes

Pirate ship gives me really good rates. Got over a hundred dollars off on my last international shipment. DHL is my preferred company though.

1 Like