Best hub motor prebuilt?

Well if you do end up getting it, try out the default esc and whatnot, I quite like it and have no intentions of ever opening mine up to mod it like that

Theoretically it would be possible but you’d definitely want to make sure everything can fit before considering buying parts to mod it

1 Like

i probably will, sorry this will be the last revel related question :joy:

how much do the whole kit weight? website says Drive Weight 5KG does that include the battery weight?

1 Like

I mean I’d have to take it off of my board to physically check, but I would assume that excludes the battery weight. The batteries weigh about 3lbs I think

no need to take it off, just weight the whole board, a 3X inch deck is like 1.5kg max, and i need trucks and wheels too, it will be close enough

Ah well here you go, this is with 105mm cloudwheels (in lbs)

With batt

Without batt

2 Likes

THANK YOU!!

2 Likes

No problem haha hope it was useful. It’s really not heavy for an Eboard

2 Likes

yup, 8.5kg and i get to use any deck i want, might give it a go

2 Likes

Pretty much any deck except a deck with any kind of drop.

I’ve used up to 110mm wheels and I think the best experience so far is either 90mm urethane (most torquey) or 105 cloudwheels for a nice comfortable ride

110 torqueboards eat away a lot of acceleration and braking for people over like 150lbs. 120mm cloudwheels are a bit big unless you went 4wd

The hill climbing ability on 110’s is somehow still fine though

2 Likes

im thinking either omakase or trun tesseract for deck and those chinese 105mm rubber wheels

2 Likes

I’ve run some of those 105’s and they’re pretty nice, I personally think the cloud wheels are more comfortable after broken in

The loaded decks plus revel are pretty nice

2 Likes

i like those cloudwheels, but my work route got way too many manhole which is slippery even with blue cag, i will see how those 105 rubber hold up first, heard they wear out very fast

2 Likes

Yeah they kind of do but it depends on exactly which ones they are. My Eovan ones haven’t worn too badly and I’ve beaten the crap out of them

2 Likes

can’t use those eovan wheels, it needs to be kegel sadly :confused:

2 Likes

No, I’m just giving my opinion here. There’s really not much of a reason to pick hubs over belts unless you just don’t want to change belts. Hub motor ride quality is worse, tends to be less powerful, and the PU sleeves won’t last anywhere near as long as full PU wheels would on a belt drive setup. I even gave a recommendation for a hub drive board in case that’s OP was dead set on getting. I don’t think that very much qualifies as “hating” on hubs.

3 Likes