Best hub motor prebuilt?

Who is making the best hub motor street builds? Ride quality being most desired feature.

I try to follow Reddit for these types of threads to see what’s popular. I thought the Exway Flex sounded great but now I’ve seen a ton of reddit hate for Exway.

2 Likes

@hummie has the bestest hubs on the block, 83mm extra wide with Paris trucks and Centrax front wheels

For convenience I would do the Loaded x Unlimited hub motors, they are meant to be paired with 85mm Caguamas and they go on almost any typical lonboard/skateboard truck with standard axle (no extended, stepped, or removable axles)

10 Likes

I hate to say you’re setting yourself up for failure, but imo you are. These two statements are just at complete odds with each other really.

Meepo 100mm hubs are bearable with a flexy deck. I rode then for a while but on anything that wasnt a decent road they were rough. Seriously tho, once you put some legit 78A or softer urethan wheels and belt drives the comfort factor jumps massively, especially on a longer distance ride.

11 Likes

Backfire Ranger X2. Best ride quality of all my boards.

3 Likes

best deck of all prebuilt i’d say

3 Likes

Nope lol. I’ll shut up lol.

1 Like

Hmm idk bro Lacroix and Flux decks are pretty nice

1 Like

no money to buy those expensive board man :sob:

i would love to try one one day, one day…

1 Like

Fair, I have always liked the design behind the ranger x2 though, it is neat. Same with the Wowgo AT2

1 Like

now the x3 is shipping soon, i want to get their new deck with the new enclosure to replace my current x2 deck

1 Like

Since I have ridden almost all hub motor boards on the market I feel like I have to comment on this, although I’m biased obviously. If it’s just about ride comfort nothing beats a a Ranger X2/X3. If you are looking for speed, power and range, nothing comes close to Jetforce Boards. The Interceptor is out of stock but we might launch a successor for next year.

2 Likes

Jetforce interceptor = ecomobl m5(3)

So a lot of rebrands “come close”

2 Likes

They are not the same. Some parts might be similar though.

Same esc, same deck, m24 enclosure, same remote, same leds, same motors.

The only difference is the griptape and battery.

gg

2 Likes

That’s definitely not the case.

1 Like

No one is gonna talk about Revel/Landwheel? The motors are pretty strong built and torquy. New ones are DD so you can use full urethane wheel instead of slim thane sleeve.

Not on Hummie’s level but as far as power go, most users say it hauls. Wondering how it would cope against Raptor hubs in a short drag race (before the Raptors crumble to apples)

And +1 for the Loaded Unlimited for convenience and small package, despite the price!

4 Likes

Why do you want hub motors to begin with? The backfire zealot is one of the best values in esk8 right now.

3 Likes

I love my landwheel, easily the most controllable and predictable board I own. Noobs have no problem riding it and it’s smooth as all get out. No torque monster but definitely respectable and the swappable batteries are nice

2 Likes

The few interceptor boards were all built by ecomobl. They OEM for “Jetforce”.
That shouldn’t be a secret anymore… :wink:
So all chinese boards that use these motors and the esc “come close”.

It’s based on the ecomobl M53.
Same deck, trucks, motors, wheels and sleeves. Same Ling Yi-7 ESC and remote.
According to ESK8 NRW, the ESC is supposedly customized. Who knows?! :rofl: :man_shrugging:
You got it right. Only griptape, battery and enclosure are different, because the M53 officially never appeared with a 12s8p battery. Thats all! Nothing special.

3 Likes

1 Like