Best cells for diy 10s4p battery

What are the best cells to get to make a 10s4p battery? To my knowledge samsung 30q cells are pretty great but i have no idea where to buy them and no idea where to buy any other batteries.

1 Like

There are no “best” cells as which one to use depends on how hard you will be using them (how much current you will be drawing) and what size cells you need, though it seems like you want 18650’s?

Tell us more about your desired setup.

www.18650batterystore.com and www.liionwholesale.com are great vendors.

1 Like

Search and read, my dude. This place is filled with answers.

1 Like

18650s preferred as i know them best. And i ride pretty normally as in between 15-25mph casually. Occasionally i like going 30mph tho lol

No one is going to be able to help you without a lot more info specific to what you need the batteries to do. :slightly_smiling_face:

I could tell you the best cells are the ultra-high capacity Panasonics because they have the highest capacity. But you could only draw about 12A from the pack…maybe 144W with a freshly charged pack. Is that enough power? Probably not. So it’s important to know what you need your pack to do.

Are you considering building the battery pack?
If yes then you need to learn a bunch of different things before choosing the cells. Read the battery builders thread…yes, all of it…and then read a lot more stuff. All your questions will probably be answered. The occasional one that isn’t can be posted in the noob question thread.

4 Likes

Isn’t the answer always
“get some P42A cells”? :roll_eyes::thinking::grin:

7 Likes

Often enough, yup lol

1 Like

For a smallish battery like that, yeah.

LOL…yea, usually.
A great choice most of the time but definitely not the best choice for every setup.

If you are okay with 40a battery discharge (really not bad for small setups) going with a BAK cell or Lishen is a good option too, some of the ones mooch has looked at are pretty good

1 Like