Best bearings for our boards...?

It’s my understanding that the smaller ball size in the larger I.D. bearings have caused many an issue. Seemingly more prone to failure.

1 Like

Nope not on the package and not on the bearing itself

edit : found this from 6 years ago. Not sure about the authenticity though.

another site :

1 Like

I wouldn’t trust information 6 years old.

Just send them an email.

… until you need to buy and stock a whole different set of non-builtin-spacer-bearings just for your pulleys or other things you make

3 Likes

Any 6900ZZ or 6900RS or 6900-2RS, preferably the last one

1 Like

bearings for mtb wheels on a 10mm axle
nsk 16100-2rs $30 for ten | datasheet

bearings for skate wheels on a 8mm axle
ntn 608-llu $19.95 for ten | datasheet

(didn’t mean to respond to anyone in particular. up to y’all if you want to buy repackaged bearings from a distributor who doesn’t disclose their oem source, or just buy bearings from folks who design and engineer their own bearings)

1 Like

I use motorcycle anti-fling chain wax… wheel and motor bearings

4 Likes

yup… smaller balls spin faster and have less surface area to bearing against (see what I did there)… it’s like physics…

if all things were equal, materials, use, installation, etc. the 22x10mm bearings will wear out faster than 22x 8mm

3 Likes

My thought was that the extra two balls might help them take torsional or side loads better since its being supported in more points.

Also, surface area should be down to material hardness, number of points of contact and pressure, not the size of the spheres. I would think.

2 Likes

nope
!!!

1 Like

what’s the bearing code or size of the bearings for motors in general?

1 Like

How are these Seisemic Tekton Bearings? (i thought they were new but it seems they came in 2011)

This is also why I’ve decided to go with HCH. They are not marketed towards skaters, they are marketed as industrial quality. Spacers are easy to get right, so long as they are steel or thickk, high-quality aluminum (that will not compress, marring the races of the bearings they were supposed to separate). Not trying to win a contest here, just tryina share the solution I found after an embarrassingly long period of research. To anyone who pays attention to my input in this thread, You’re Welcome!!

7 Likes

The bearings are stupid cheap which doesnt scream quality, but Ill try them out. $0.36 from taobao

2 Likes

I’ve found that the most common motor-bearing size for 6374/similar, is 6800. I just used my last two rebuilding my crap-mto6880s.

1 Like

I have Zealous Steels, they’re amazing!

1 Like

Hate to be a dad here, but feel it’s necessary to caution this practice. It’s incredibly effective, but not very safe. If a bearing fails during this practice, you could have tiny bullets flying out of the race at incredibly high speeds. If y’all are gonna do it, please be sure to wear a face mask, or at least your full face helmet. But ya, works like a hot damn!

4 Likes

I mean I wear safety glasses for it, I borrow the compressor from my schools rapid prototyping shop

2 Likes

I know this isn’t a great time to ask, but can we/I get a peek in there some time?

My school has a ‘nanotech’ lab, but since the last two school presidents were embezzling money from the project it’s never been finished/opened to students. Just companies that rent out rooms… So I’ve never seen a school-tier facility. I wish I had access to one :expressionless:

…the whole campus is closed… :sweat_smile:

But its basically a wood shop with some other heavy tools, it’s from the mechanical engineering department. They also have a materials testing lab and machine shop next door

1 Like