Best 150mm pneumatic tires? Sunmate tires?

Hey, want to order some of the 150mm tires.

For now, i have 150mm hota tires but they seems unbalanced and lizttle bit “wobbly” at higher speeds.

I dont want bigger whees than 150mm - max 155mm (60t or 66t pulleys)

i was looking at sunmates from wonboard, with oil slick: 6 inches(150*50 mm) All Terrain Inflatable Tires Kits – ownboard

but i dont know how good they are and also if not sunmate tires, if hotas will be okay and mby ballanced with the better metal hubs and not plastic.

or if its mby possible to balance them somehow.

thanks alot

These tires just went out of stock, but these BKB tires are my new favorite 150mm. I’ve also ridden hota and sunmate.

2 Likes

and what are your thughts on sunmate or hota?

1 Like

I like the hotas better than the sunmates

1 Like

did you have problems with balancing?

heard its kinda lottery

Yeah…it can vary depending on the batch you get. I’ve had 200x75 kaly fat tires that didn’t balance well before too. Sometimes it’s how you end up mounting it and positioning it before inflating. Sometimes it’s quality control. At least from my experience. I haven’t tried weights for balancing

yeah, i like those ownboard hubs tbh… i guess i will just risk it and get the hota ones. and mby if it will not be good, i will mby somehow balance it… idk tho :smiley:

The sunmate tires will be far more wobbly than the hota tires. Dont get them.

1 Like

I agree with Evwan. With the quality, performance and longer wear life of the BKB and Hota tires out there, there is no reason to be using Sunmate tires anymore.

Fuck sunmates. Weak rubber, wobbly tires, stabby wires.

Literally anything but them.

3 Likes