Bergmeister hubs: Can they take 7" or 8" tires?

What size are those Ajax tyres (or reference)? Can’t really read the lettering on them…

6x2 inch

1 Like

Is this because you want to use eLofty with 7/8" pneumatics? If so, pick a tire and I’ll design an adapter for it which you can get 3D printed.

3 Likes

Gents I’ve tried these tires. They are wobbly on the rim because of tolerances in manufacturing and some are larger than others. They are also just not a very balanced rubber.

Wobble city unfortunately and likely dangerous.

6 Likes

What do you guys set the psi to?

1 Like

10 Likes

I am about to complete(kind of on hold since I am only riding elofty DD these days) 1000km on my belt board and now 1/3 of the treads remain on rear and 2/3 on the front. I should rotate them right about now. So I am guessing at least 700km more is left on those tires. Can’t complain about function but Bergs are definitely sexier.

BTW, do people have any idea regarding how long do the Bergmeisters last?

1 Like

hi @mishrasubhransu:
this would really depend on the type of terrain you are riding on. Here in Taipei, we are a bit spoilt as we are having more than 3000km of pristine bike tracks, most with super smooth tarmac…

I have to admit that most of you guys would consider my riding style more like that of a granny…and I have gotten about 700-900km on the back tires…

I believe you could get easily 500-600km if you really abuse them… But don’t take my word for it…I believe others such as @topcloud @Linny @Riako can provide better feedback.

4 Likes

So the life of a set would be about 1200-1400km if you rotate I guess, that’s pretty good… Timo, do you know, off the top of your head, what is the thickness of the treads?

1 Like

9 Likes

Thank you for your kind offer! the tyres I’m thinking of are either the MBS Roadies 8’’ (200x50):

or the Evolve’s 7’’ (175x50):

unfortunately I have no dimensions for those…

2 Likes

There are two ways we can go about it.

1. We ask someone for dimension of the hubs(just id and width) that go with it and I make you a 3D printable hub(like mine) and you get it printed in PETG or Nylon.
  2. You use the wheel hubs that come with the tires and we make an adapter like someone on elofty thread made for bergmeister wheels.

The second option is preferable unless you can’t find a hub that doesn’t on standard axle. A little bit of searching/asking should fetch you all the information and then we can proceed.

3 Likes

Maybe not a better fb, but I passed the +500kms since some time now, and there was perfect ! (it was winter, I dont shred that hard, but do a lot of AT like my eMTB was unset.)

One of the last pics of a tire I get (with more than 500km)

What I like to do with these :

Can’t wait to re-set them again !!!
Im on the build listing :wink:

1 Like

@topcloud any idea if Evolve new 6’tires will fit MBS Rockstar 2’s?

1 Like

1 Like

6 Likes

8 Likes

Need details. Where’s the build thread?

5 Likes

+1 :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

It was originally this one:

5 Likes