Bend, OR esk8 fire

Anyone recognize the board? I can only tell that its belt driven with a split enclosure.

2 Likes

Woah this is one of the newer backfire boards. Zealot s?

1 Like

I believe those are the post recall trucks too…

2 Likes

Yeah that’s mighty similar to a new Zealot

Edit: upon closer inspection it doesn’t have the aluminum plates on the battery enclosure which leads me to believe it’s the G series

2 Likes

No one was home when the board was being charged? :scream::scream::scream:
W…T…F…unbelievable. That kind of mind boggling idiocy and irresponsibility gets people killed. Dammit…

Yeah that’s what stuck out to me as well

2 Likes

On the bottom right of the picture looks to be an open battery pack just hanging out, and there are also some random taped up wires with an XT60, and who knows what else. Meter leads?

Was this some putz tinkering with things they had no business working with?

1 Like

Is that a multimeter? Dude probably had a broken battery he was trying to diagnose…

2 Likes

That’s an open battery with wires hanging around, also with a multimeter so most likely a battery that’s either home made or something wrong with it that require probing.

Not a good looking outcome for the general public, when it comes to battery fire.

3 Likes

This is like an MG4 that went on fire in a car park in Sydney airport.

The car park was a maintenance yard, the car was brought in because of battery issues, and the technicians just left the battery out in the elements for days for some reason.

But all people heard about was “EV bad; always going up in flames. Hurr-durr.”

3 Likes

Yup… People don’t know what the f they are doing. Some guy on a tools group of FB last week suggested to charge up cells with a bench power supply to get them above 2.5 again so that the battery BMS would no longer block charging.

BMS isn’t blocking charging for no reason generally…

1 Like

User modified Backfire Zealot Deck (2020-2022). Modified with X trucks front and back, S2 motors, rewired battery pack.

New Zealots (S2, S2E, and X) no longer use XT60 or XT90. They have a new round orange aviation type connector.

This is an obvious mod of an OG battery pack, you can see the three light lenses on the side.

Bend OR isn’t the driest place to ride a modified Backfire battery pack…

1 Like

While on the subject, mfgs that use FAKE BMS should be told to use REAL BMS.

It’s only a real BMS if it comes from the BMS region of France, otherwise it’s just a sparkling BMS.

8 Likes