Bench Test Results: DMEGC 29E - 5.8A 2900mAh 18650

Test Report Summary: This is a low cost cell that performs about the same as the Samsung 35E (not the 35E3) and EVE 29V. If you do not need the higher performance of the more expensive cells like the Molicel M35A and Samsung 35E3 then this cell could be a good choice for cost-sensitive applications.

It has a 5.8A rating down to 2.75V (not 2.5V) and a max temperature spec of 60°C.

I have not tested it but this cell has a very high cycle life spec in the data sheet, 1000 cycles before losing 20% of its capacity.

The two cells I tested delivered 2923mAh and 2926mAh. This is fantastic consistency and is more like cells from the big manufacturers.

Two cells were purchased for testing by me from Liion Wholesale (http://www.liionwholesale.com).

Ratings graphic: https://imgur.com/a/8PhwJVc

Full Test report: Bench Test Results: DMEGC 29E - 5.8A 2900mAh 18650 | E-Cigarette Forum

I want to work for the community full time! If you feel what I do is worth a couple dollars a month and you would like early access to battery availability, battery and charger testing and news, and a say in what I test, then please consider becoming a patron and supporting my testing efforts: Battery Mooch is creating battery and device tests | Patreon.

These tests only note my personal ESTIMATED ratings for these batteries at the time I tested them. Any battery that is not a genuine Samsung, Sony, Murata, LG, Panasonic, Molicel, or Sanyo can change at any time! This is one of the hazards of using “rewrapped” or batteries from other manufacturers so carefully research any battery you are considering using before purchasing.

Misusing or mishandling lithium-ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of property damage, personal injury, or even death. They are not supposed to be used outside of a fully protected battery pack and you use them at your own risk. Never exceed the battery’s true continuous current rating and keep the plastic wrap and top insulating ring in perfect condition.

Testing batteries at their limits is dangerous and should never be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved, understands the risks, has the proper equipment, and takes all appropriate safety precautions.

Any rating in my ratings tables can change at any time as different grade cells appear on the market, we get swamped with fakes, or new information becomes available to me. Please, never assume that the ratings in the tables are permanent and will never change! Always download the latest version before considering any cell purchase.

To see how other cells have tested check out this link: List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

11 Likes

what’s the ion cell with the most cycles that also can do decent power?

1 Like

I haven’t done enough cycle life testing to be able to answer that question, sorry.

3 Likes